Barrels available for 11-87s?

PDA

Old School
September 2, 2008, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know what length smooth bore barrels are available and the best place to get them? I currently have a 28" and would like a shorter barrel.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barrels available for 11-87s?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmyAviator
September 2, 2008, 06:11 PM
Old School,

Go to Cabela's @ www.cabelas.com

Navigate into shooting gear, then firearm components, then barrels and chokes; there you'll find barrels for the 11-87 down to 20-21", smooth bore; and they have customer reviews. They are usually competitive in price and their customer service dept is second to none. No, Sir....I don't work for them; I fly Blackhawks for the US Army but shop there regularly, especially there bargain cave.

--Bryant

jmr40
September 2, 2008, 09:10 PM
Cabelas is about as good a choice as any. I sometimes see used barrels laying around in gunshops and gunshows but most are for 870's. If you are not in a hurry you may get lucky and find a deal that way.

Be advised that barrels for the 11-87 shorter than 26" are not designed for anything but heavy loads. They work fine with buckshot, slugs, and heavy turkey loads. They may not be reliable with lighter birdshot loads.

Old School
September 3, 2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys, they have a very good selection.

ArmedBear
September 3, 2008, 04:57 PM
I sometimes see used barrels laying around in gunshops and gunshows but most are for 870's.

Often the prices are unimpressive (e.g. $100 for old 18.5" barrel, vs. $110 for a new one).

Sure, 10 bucks is 10 bucks, but at $4/gallon, it's not worth driving to the gun shop to see if they have a barrel.

jmr40
September 3, 2008, 09:02 PM
Armed Bear you are right about overpriced goods but deals are out there. I would not make a special trip looking for something but I did find my 20" 870 barrel with rifle sights used in a local pawn shop. Guy was asking $120. I told him a new one was about the same price and started to leave. He asked me how much I was willing to pay. I told him I was looking for something around $50. He offered $75 and I paid him.

Virginian
September 4, 2008, 07:35 AM
www.corsonsbarrels.com
www.barrelexchange.com
Also GunBroker, AuctionArms, and GunsAmerica all have barrels, too. Unless you absolutely want brand spanking new, Cabelas is pretty easy to beat price wise. It appears lots of folks buy a gun with the intention of changing the barrel straight away, and do, and then put the barrel up for sale. I have bought a couple that were listed at 95%, and I have yet to find anything wrong with either one other than a trace of powder residue.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barrels available for 11-87s?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!