Mossberg 500 field/security combo question

PDA

TeamPrecisionIT
September 3, 2008, 06:12 PM
So I just got this and am wondering why I can only fit two shells into the magazine tube?? Any help or suggestions?

Damian

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 500 field/security combo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingjoey
September 3, 2008, 06:18 PM
There is a wood dowel in the magazine tube to limit the mag capacity to two shells for federal hunting regulations. Take the barrel off, point the gun downward, and shake till the dowel comes out the hole. If you plan on bird hunting with the shotgun, put the dowel back in.

TeamPrecisionIT
September 3, 2008, 06:32 PM
Your talking about the hole in the front of the magazine cap (where the screw of the barrel goes in)?

Damian

rantingredneck
September 3, 2008, 06:35 PM
Yep, that's the place. As kingjoey said, turn upside down and shake you'll see the dowel stick out.

Normal capacity without the plug will be 5+1. With plug 2+1. 2+1 to comply with federal migratory bird regs and some state's hunting regs as to capacity.

TeamPrecisionIT
September 3, 2008, 06:55 PM
Cool and thank you guys.

Guns and more
September 3, 2008, 07:45 PM
I don't know about all Mossbergs, but when I got my 500, the instructions said to remove the barrel, however, I unscrewed the end of the magazine tube, tilted it down and the dowel came out. I then put the end cap back on and I was done. (the dowel is for limiting the capacity FOR HUNTING only)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 500 field/security combo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!