riverside arms co.

PDA

dhask1515
September 4, 2008, 10:25 PM
Wondering if my 12 gauge, side by side, eared, shotgun could have damasus barrel. The date on it is apr 20 1915. The sn#b40789

If you enjoyed reading about "riverside arms co." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave McCracken
September 5, 2008, 08:50 AM
It could, but probably not. Riverside Arms was a house brand for Stevens,1915 to 1940.Source, Harley's Book.

Remove the forearms and check the finish there for whether it's twist or damascus or real steel.

As with ALL old forearms, checkout by a decent smith is imperative prior to use. This may have short chambers or other ills.

dhask1515
September 7, 2008, 05:18 PM
I didnt notice any twist. But you still recomend i take it to a gun smith

Dave McCracken
September 7, 2008, 09:51 PM
Yes. It was made before I was born, and I'm old.

owlhoot
September 8, 2008, 02:36 AM
That shotgun will have short chambers I am sure. When you take it to a smith have him ream the chambers to accept contemporary ammo. I have the same shotgun. It's a dandy old gun. Use mild skeet loads or low brass field loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "riverside arms co." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!