Another great capnball article in the Cowboy Chronicle

PDA

Pulp
September 4, 2008, 11:34 PM
If you know anyone in SASS, borrow their September copy of the Chronicle. This article deals with a fix for cap jams. Hopefully it will get transfered to CASCity, like the last one did.

Forgive my poor explanation, but basically it deals with enlarging the notch in the bottom of the hammer and placing a small pin into the frame. The pin prevents caps from falling back onto the hammer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another great capnball article in the Cowboy Chronicle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scrat
September 5, 2008, 08:08 AM
darn you. i think you should write it word for word here. and use you camera and take pictures. darn you

sundance44s
September 5, 2008, 08:31 AM
I got mine ..:neener:

PRM
September 5, 2008, 09:16 AM
Be nice if the detailed info could be posted!!! With pics!!!

scrat
September 5, 2008, 05:53 PM
ya well somebody better make some copies and mail me some

cough cough cough sundance cough cough pulp

Pulp
September 5, 2008, 09:56 PM
While I'm quite sure the gentleman wouldn't mind, there's still such a thing as copyright laws.

Basically, here's what you do: With a small (he didn't say, but I'm guessing 1/16") drill bit drill a hole into the frame right at the front edge. Turn the bit over and insert it into the hole. Loosely place a cap over a nipple and eyeball a spot on the pin (former drill bit) just above the bottom of the cap. Cut off the pin at this level. Using a dremel with cutting wheel, enlarge the notch in the bottom of the hammer so it will clear the pin. Adjust as necessary. With everything in place if a used cap wants to follow the hammer back the pin will stop it and force it to fall out the right side of the cylinder.
Hmnnn, uh-oh, right side of the cylinder. Just above the little gap between the web of my thumb and the grip. Not sure that's where I want hot caps going. They do that enough without help. Trust me, it's hard to shoot and cry at the same time.

The article is written by Utah, SASS11601

If you enjoyed reading about "Another great capnball article in the Cowboy Chronicle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!