New RRA Coyote Rifle

PDA

Markk9
September 5, 2008, 02:49 PM
I just purchased after a 4 month wait a new RRA Coyote Rifle. I was looking for information on which factory ammo they claim 3/4 MOA at 100 yards. I would like to fire 100 rounds of the factory ammo for a base line before I start to handload for the rifle.

Thanks

Mark

If you enjoyed reading about "New RRA Coyote Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lovesbeer99
September 5, 2008, 04:16 PM
Good luck, post some photos of the targets and the gun when you get a chance. What scope will you mount on it?

W.E.G.
September 5, 2008, 07:45 PM
Federal Gold Medal, or Black Hills "red-box" should give you a strong benchmark.

FMJMIKE
September 5, 2008, 10:48 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/mbmphoto/Gunny.jpg
:D

rangerruck
September 6, 2008, 04:05 AM
they are proly using black hills , 55 grain , blue box stuff, I am guessing. Even though remanned, this is very good, consistent ammo.

Markk9
September 6, 2008, 11:05 AM
Will post some pic soon.................

This gun is being set up for three gun. I have a JP Tactical Compensator installed and the JP One-Piece Flat Top Optical Mount. I have a Leopold VX-II 1 x 4 to be mounted once I have a worked up a few loads for it, for the work up I have a Leopold VX-III 6.5 x 20 installed. I would like to work up a good 68 to 75 gr for 600 yards, a 60 to 65 gr for around 0 to 300 yards, and then a good 55 FMJ for plinking.

Mark

browningguy
September 6, 2008, 01:33 PM
As mentioned Federal Gold Medal match ammo is more or less the standard, I shoot a lot of Black Hills and find it to be just as good.

If you enjoyed reading about "New RRA Coyote Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!