help me choose my new upper????

PDA

FlyinBryan
September 6, 2008, 12:59 AM
my regular shooter is a bushmaster like this one:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/604206022448.html

i have been very happy with this little rifle. with handloads and a good scope i can shoot 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" groups at 100yrds all day with a few sub 1" groups here and there (all 5 shot strings)

its very reliable (100% through about 5-6k rounds) and is actually more accurate than my colt 6700c match target rifle (go figure, like i said, i love this little rifle) but im ready for a little more from the bench.

i am looking into getting a upper/barrel, something along the lines of a heavy barrel config with the alloy free float hand gaurd. 223 rem, 1 in 8, or 1 in 9, 20"-24", and a direct fit to my little bushmaster lower.

i would really like to stay with bushmaster but wouldnt rule out a dpms or rock river.

my biggest concern is dropping hundreds on a new setup only to have it shoot no better than what ive got, and i feel like mine is going to be tough to beat.

i would like to find something i can consistently shoot sub 1" 5 shot groups.

am i asking too much?

If you enjoyed reading about "help me choose my new upper????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FlyinBryan
September 6, 2008, 12:40 PM
anyone?

HorseSoldier
September 6, 2008, 01:09 PM
I'd try for an SPR clone upper. If it's done right it will give you better than 1.5 MOA, with good ammo. Cost may be prohibitive, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "help me choose my new upper????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!