Winchester Ammo Problem

PDA

HB
September 6, 2008, 01:39 PM
Last weekend while dove hunting I found a damaged shotshell in my box of SuperSpeeds. Anybody know how to contact Winchester via email? Their website is worthless....

HB

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Ammo Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scrat
September 6, 2008, 02:02 PM
if its only one shell its a useless try. nothing is going to happen

RetiredLawman
September 6, 2008, 02:08 PM
I have found a few damaged Winchester shells but just tossed them. For their price, usually a bit lower than the other brands, I just forget it. In fact, I just opened a box that has a really oversized hull. No way it can fit a chamber unless it is hammered in. It ain't worth the bother of letting Winchester know what they already are aware of. Their QC is like most other companies now. Non-existent, it seems.

I have found very few Federal or Remington shells that needed to be tossed. Remington ammo has extra hard primers that some guns have FTFs with. I just toss them and forget about it.

As to emailing them, I have no idea. Since their gun and ammo divisions have separated, it may be next to impossible. I'll check my research books and see what I can find but it won't be worth the stamp if you have to snail mail it.

HB
September 6, 2008, 02:09 PM
That doesn't appear to be the case, but I still think it would be a good idea considering a lot of people are ignorant enough to fire a shell that really shouldn't be fired.

HB

scrat
September 6, 2008, 02:12 PM
usually at most ranges they have a box for duds or bad ammo where they will take care of . Or if you know a reloader they will take it off your hands I know i would. i could use the shot and get the primer out. if the wad was anygood and i can match it i would also use. The powder would go in my flower bed.

HB
September 6, 2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks lawman

Friendly, Don't Fire!
September 6, 2008, 02:53 PM
Fer cryin' out loud.

Who is making our AMMUNITION NOW?!?!?!
:cuss::cuss:

Crazy Fingers
September 6, 2008, 03:19 PM
How was it damaged? We had a box of Frankenstein shells, complete reloading failures. Stuff like AA wads in straight wall hulls, terrible crimps, 7/8 oz loads in 1 oz wads, all kinds of stuff. They looked like hell but every one of them shot, and when I did my part they broke the clays.

scrat
September 6, 2008, 03:28 PM
good point crazy fingers. I guess some people like purrdddy ammo. Even though what comes out the barrel is all that matters

doc2rn
September 6, 2008, 07:16 PM
I just opened up 3 winchester shells yesterday after my eventful trip kept the shot and primer chucked the rest.

scrat
September 6, 2008, 11:32 PM
I just opened up 3 winchester shells yesterday after my eventful trip kept the shot and primer chucked the rest.

Thats what i do

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Ammo Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!