7.62x39 boltie?

PDA

john917v
September 6, 2008, 02:58 PM
I am interested in getting a 7.62x39 bolt-action gun, for deer, smaller pigs, and paper. I may also consider a break-action. I am looking for something not too expensive-can be had for $300 or so. Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "7.62x39 boltie?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.W.Dale
September 6, 2008, 06:04 PM
the only thing inside your price range is the remington brand single shot they import from russia

wideym
September 6, 2008, 08:44 PM
You might be able to find a used CZ bolt action rifle. I saw one for sale at a local gunshop that was in mint condition for only $400. Sure enough, by the time I decided to buy it a week later, it was gone.

Full Clip
September 6, 2008, 08:54 PM
You can always wait for SI Arms to get their act together with their x39 Enfield...
http://www.specialinterestarms.com/

Full Clip
September 6, 2008, 08:55 PM
You can always wait for SI Arms to get their act together with their x39 Enfield...
http://www.specialinterestarms.com/

rbernie
September 6, 2008, 09:11 PM
You will be hard pressed to find anything other than an H&R single shot for under three bills. You can buy a CZ or Ruger is you're willing to get in the four bill to five bill range.

I have a Ruger 77MkII in 7.62x39 and find it very satisfying. I also have several H&Rs and find them to be very accurate and reliable; I would not hesitate to get another.

aka108
September 6, 2008, 09:33 PM
My Ruger 77 is not as accurate as the Saiga.

R.W.Dale
September 6, 2008, 09:39 PM
the H&R went out of production because some had difficulty setting off the hard recessed primers found on imported 7.62x39 ammo

rangerruck
September 7, 2008, 01:13 AM
cz and ruger, look at the above thread talking about slinging the cz 527 carbine. you will see some pics of mine in 223, the 762 looks just like it...

plainsbilly
September 7, 2008, 01:39 AM
rossi makes a break action goes for $149 at gander mountain

halfacop
September 7, 2008, 07:15 AM
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29033

if you are looking for a bolt and can manage to come up with a little more......

perhaps you might be able to work out something with him.......

these guys on MGO are all great **** and GTG

john917v
September 7, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'd be willing to up the $ a good bit, but I am wondering, if at that price ($500 or so) I wouldn't be better of with a Savage 110, or some other CF varmint-style rifle. The reason I am looking for a x39, is because of the cheap ammo prices, and the relative ease of finding the cartridges. Is there another cal. that is as cheap (or about) as the x39, while still having a good chance at taking down a deer, or a javelina? Thanks for the previous replies.

TexasRifleman
September 7, 2008, 01:01 PM
Is there another cal. that is as cheap (or about) as the x39, while still having a good chance at taking down a deer, or a javelina?

7.62x54R

Cheaper in both rifles and ammo.

woof
September 7, 2008, 01:24 PM
Almost any cz carbine in x39 for under 500 is a steal.

rangerruck
September 7, 2008, 01:32 PM
there actually has never been a cheap boltie to fire the 39, now then, remingotn, mae a sr18, break open single shot, you can still find them around, call the big shops, gander, bass pro, etc, and they are about 250 bucks, probably less, since, they are being gotten rid of. The ruger and the cz have never been cheap. I got my cz about 5 years ago, for 400, that was before supplying all the extra stuff; sling, extra mag, case, boresnake, etc.
Today, if I were going to sell my complete kit, with scope, I would ask 700 for it, it is that good, and well worth it, especially if you shoot alot. not just hunting but paper punching, the diff in ammo cost, will save you 100 bucks or more per year. So then the higher cost of the rifle, will save you back in the long run, because of the cheaper cost of ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "7.62x39 boltie?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!