Hi-Point Carbine Extraction?

PDA

jonnyc
September 6, 2008, 10:33 PM
Just got mine today. I like to clean and check functioning on every new weapon I get. I tried to cycle through some dummies, but no extraction. I know it's a blow-back operation, but there is an extractor. Should the dummies be getting extracted, or does it only extract on the firing cycle?

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi-Point Carbine Extraction?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BSlacker
September 7, 2008, 09:31 AM
Sounds to me like the extractor is not snapping over the rim with hand cycling. The extractor is very robust and may need a good sling shot of the slide to seat over the cartridge rim. If the extractors are in place snapped over the rim there is no way it won't pull a dummy round from the chamber. Check to see if they are over the rim by observing the position of the extractors they will be a little further out when over the rim.
Ejection is by way of the firing pin. Be careful playing with live ammo. :D

jonnyc
September 7, 2008, 10:01 AM
I'm off to the range in a few. I'll check out how the extactor does. Thanks for the info.

jonnyc
September 7, 2008, 01:27 PM
Well, it extracted and ejected 100% on the range, guess I won't worry about it. Perhaps a bit of cleaning around the extractor channel and chamber polishing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi-Point Carbine Extraction?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!