8mm Mauser ammo - Romanian vs Yugo

PDA

marktx
September 7, 2008, 12:38 PM
Looking at the options for inexpensive surplus ammo for my recently purchased Egyptian contract FN49. Looking through the sites I usually browse I see three options so far. Late '70s production Romanian for 30 cents a round, '50s production Yugo for 30 cents a round or '80s production Yugo sniper for 35 cents a round. I'm assuming all are corrosive. I do have a box of Portugese stuff (FNM) that is supposed to be noncorrosive but I haven't been able to find any for sale just now. Any thoughts or experience?

If you enjoyed reading about "8mm Mauser ammo - Romanian vs Yugo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Freightman
September 7, 2008, 04:49 PM
The Yugo is some of the most accurate I have ever used in my Hakim, never used any of the Romanian so don't know about it.
Just be sure to clean with a water based cleaner then as normal for corrosive, clean the gas system and light oil and you shyould never have a problem.

dscottw88
September 8, 2008, 01:38 AM
I have some of that yugo sniper stuff, and I just placed an order from aimsurplus for some of that Romanian stuff. I'm sure I probably wont notice a difference in quality for just plinking things. However, there is a 53 grain difference in romanian and yugo sniper stuff. All of it is berdan primed though so I'm SOL on reloading.

RockyMtnTactical
September 8, 2008, 02:13 AM
All of it should work just fine. Buy it cheap and stack it deep. :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "8mm Mauser ammo - Romanian vs Yugo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!