Dick's Sale Rem 700 SPS!

PDA

Browns Fan
September 7, 2008, 03:58 PM
This gun is for sale for $459. It has an OD green stock, heavy brl, X-mark pro trigger (whatever that is, pls explain), and a Remington 4-12x40 scope.

Is this a good deal? Looks like a nice rifle! Are the Remington scopes any good?

Thanks,
Joe

If you enjoyed reading about "Dick's Sale Rem 700 SPS!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skinewmexico
September 7, 2008, 04:09 PM
I would bet the scope is something cheap, re-badged to Remington. you'll want to upgrade it soon, but you can say that about the glass on any package deal.

MAKster
September 7, 2008, 05:30 PM
This Dicks exclusive is a good deal. Even if you threw away the scope, it's still a lot less expensive than the catalogue SPS Varmint. I also think the OD stock looks good.

rantingredneck
September 7, 2008, 05:42 PM
I believe those Remington scopes are rebadged low-end Bushnell's. As others said you'll want to scrap that at some point for better glass, but still a good deal.

Conqueror
September 7, 2008, 06:27 PM
That's a great deal. Just the guns alone list for well over $500 without the scope.

sigma 40ve
September 7, 2008, 07:00 PM
I bought one about a year or so ago in 223. The only issue I had was I went to tighten up the rings and one of the rings had a stripped thread. I had to replace the ring. I am very much considering getting one in 308, at that price. May even pick up one of the Rossi Tri combos too.

skinewmexico
September 7, 2008, 07:49 PM
You could probably shoot minute-of-deer with that scope for a long time.

Browns Fan
September 7, 2008, 08:12 PM
I thought that it looked like a great deal! I was there picking up a case of 9mm for $7.98 a box (another great deal!;)), when I just had to look at that rifle.

Thanks, guys for the input!

If you enjoyed reading about "Dick's Sale Rem 700 SPS!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!