"Enemies Foreign And Domestic" Delivered By Now

PDA

Travis McGee
September 6, 2003, 06:22 PM
By today, Saturday September 6th, an agent of the federal government (mail man) should have delivered the book to anyone who ordered it before mid August. Within a few more days, all of the August orders should have been delivered. If you ordered the book and have not received it by then, please contact me at steelcutter48@yahoo.com to straighten it out.

Thanks for your patience, especially the folks who ordered it last spring!

Matt Bracken

http://matthewbracken.web.aplus.net/bookcover.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about ""Enemies Foreign And Domestic" Delivered By Now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sergeant Bob
September 7, 2003, 03:54 AM
OK Matt, I've been reading some of the excerpts on your website....and I'll be sending a government agent to visit you soon! Riveting stuff!

atek3
September 7, 2003, 04:54 AM
I'm only 164 pages in and all I can say is Whoa. Haven't been this riveted since Unintended Consequences or Kings of the High Frontier.

ANYONE WHO HASN'T ALREADY PURCHASED THIS BOOK, DO SO NOW. You'll find it well worth your time and money.

atek3

PAshooter
September 7, 2003, 09:56 AM
Got mine yesterday... thanks Matt.

Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a rather hefty history of Allied operations in North Africa during WWII (An Army at Dawn) - a book I borrowed and want to return as soon as I can. Enemies Foreign and Domestic is next in the queue, but it'll be a while before I get started on it. Gives me something to look forward to.

Congrats on getting the book finished and printed, Matt. Here's hoping it'll be the first of many more to come.

Travis McGee
September 7, 2003, 04:26 PM
Sgt. Bob: I'll be looking for that federal agent! Glad you like it so far.
Matt

erikm
September 8, 2003, 08:24 AM
and I'll be sending a government agent to visit you soon! Riveting stuff!
I, on the other hand, will not be sending a government agent just yet. I'll wait until the Author announces the availability of an electronic version. Dead Trees versions are nice and all, but I've got transatlantic mail costs to deal with.

Cheers and good luck,
ErikM :evil:

Travis McGee
September 8, 2003, 03:25 PM
ErikM:
After the Amazon account is up and running, I'm going to put out an E-book version, that will be sometime in October I hope.

Even today though, you can read the first 20 out of 52 chapters on the website for free. It's enough to get the full flavor of the novel.

Sergeant Bob
September 8, 2003, 06:45 PM
Matt, I have dispatched......uh.....well, my wife, has dispatched a government agent (she is in control of Budget and Operations).

This one looks to be a serious "E Ticket" ride (am I dating myself here?)!

Ian Sean
September 8, 2003, 08:41 PM
Got it today:D WooHoo!

I have successfully resisted the temptation to pick up where I left off (online version) and started it over.

Ah, my reading room, good book, comfy chair, pot of coffee, pack of smokes and the faint aroma of Hoppes #9.

Oleg Volk
September 8, 2003, 09:03 PM
Got mine today -- woohoo! Great read...and I can lend it to sheep without scaring anyone off.

Ed N.
September 8, 2003, 09:22 PM
So how do I buy a copy off paper, with no background check? ;)

Travis McGee
September 8, 2003, 10:30 PM
Ed N: you can send a picture of a dead president, or a MO. Actually, I wouldn't worry. This is not an anti-government screed. The bad guys are for the most part in one isolated part of the ATF, a unit which has gone off the tracks. It's permissable to cheer for the destruction of agents in "rogue units."

I want this book to be a starting point for serious discussion, and to do so, it has to be an honest and serious novel, not just an excuse to "feed the hogs." Nobody needs to worry about buying this book putting them on some secret list.

Matt Bracken

ballistic gelatin
September 8, 2003, 11:54 PM
Got mine today. WooooHoooooYeeeeeHaaawwwww!!! :D:D:D
Dude! This is the best Christmas Ever!!!

568 pages and autographed by Matt Bracken - worth every penny. ;)

I can't wait to finish this book and share with my friends.

Thanks Matt! :)

Travis McGee
September 9, 2003, 01:42 PM
Ballistic Gelatin
I'd love to hear what you thought of it after you've read it!
Matt

Razor
September 9, 2003, 02:07 PM
I got my copy yesterday and made the mistake of starting to read it around 9:30pm. Six hours later, I forced myself to stop and get some sleep so I could go to work at 6am. :scrutiny: I'll probably be able to finish it off tonight (as if I'll be able to put it back down when I start back up). Very good read.

Thanks, Matt!

Art Eatman
September 9, 2003, 05:42 PM
:) Got mine. Now that I'm off the highway for a while, I'll have time to read it!

Art

larry408
September 9, 2003, 07:15 PM
Mine's not here yet. :( Maybe tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Travis McGee
September 10, 2003, 04:06 AM
Razor:
If you've finished it by now, what did you think? Without laying out spoilers, how did you like the way the last 2 chapters went?

Matt

larry408
September 10, 2003, 08:10 PM
Mine came in today.:p It will be read next.

Razor
September 11, 2003, 01:44 AM
Matt,

I got bored by it and decided not to finish it. :neener:
Just kidding. Only reason I didn't finish it last night was because I had to take my lady out to dinner. Almost took the book with me, but I'm not that dumb. :D

I did literallly just finish it and at the moment find it hard to discuss without spoilers. It was a VERY good read. Thank you very much. It will definitely get loaned out to family and friends, something I wasn't comfortable doing with Unintended Consequences. So, when does the next one come out? :D

Nottingham. Nice touch. ;)

Ray

Ian Sean
September 11, 2003, 07:08 AM
I enjoyed it as well, good job! I agree, its to early to post a serious critique without disclosing spoilers. I also agree with Razor on the U.C. comparison.

One of my favorite lines: "Archie and Edith are going to be across the tarmac with their machine gun".

I chuckled out loud on that one and got strange looks from the wife.

eoR
September 11, 2003, 12:26 PM
Matt,

I finished it yesterday. I had to force myself to start at the beginning rather than start where it left off on your website, just so it'd last a little longer. I'm glad I did ~ I really enjoyed it. The pace started out fast and just seemed to get faster. I really got to like ( and hate :cuss: :fire: ) the characters; you did a really good job of putting us in their heads.

I'm also having trouble to commenting on the ending w/out spoilers so I'll leave it at http://www.thehighroad.org/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.thehighroad.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Thanks for the GREAT read!! Go ahead and put my order in for Domestic Enemies!

Devin

OH Yeah... Ditto what Razor said about Nottingham :)

http://www.boernenet.com/users/dcoryell/pictures/ComeAndTakeIt1.jpg

Travis McGee
September 11, 2003, 02:06 PM
Razor, Ian Sean and eoR:

I'm so glad you picked up on the subtle side of the book. It's not in the end about Rambos in militias, it's "Archie and Edith" who come and do their part when asked by a trusted friend, regardless of the risk. And that's why there are so many old farts with guns in the book: "what am I saving myself for?" is a big theme.

And Norbert Nottingham, the anti-gun film maker, I just couldn't resist a nice slam at him.

Matt

Bill St. Clair
September 11, 2003, 10:16 PM
I finished it this morning, after three late nights of reading. Couldn't put it down until my eyes wouldn't stay open any more. I, too, find it hard to comment on the ending without including spoilers. I wondered after reading the on-line chapters how you would end it. You surprised me.

HABU
September 12, 2003, 12:30 AM
Matt
I went to enemiesforeignanddomestic.com to order and was suprised that you dont take paypal? :what:

Guess I'll have to order the old fashioned way.:barf: :D

Travis McGee
September 12, 2003, 04:33 AM
Habu, there's a new link on the "How to Order" page which takes you to a site where you can order it with paypal, C/C, etc.
Matt

Sam Adams
September 12, 2003, 12:35 PM
Matt, I'm also Ancesthntr on Free Republic, so this will be a two'fer review (without spoilers).

In my days as a free man (i.e. when I was single and w/o child), I'd have dropped everything the day I got the book and finished it by staying up until 4 or 5 in the AM, and been a coffee addict for the next day or two. However, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed and her devilish little offspring forced me to do this over a 5-day period (and as it is, I've had more caffeine over this time period than in the prior 2 months).

Anyway, I think that this is a tremendous book. The characters are very realistic, both the good guys and the BGs. The plot is as plausible as any that I can think of (and like any normal semi-paranoid gun owner, I've given this topic a LOT of thought over the years). No one was a Rambo, the GGs did get hurt and have vulnerabilities, no one made impossible shots. There were real limitations on their ability to respond to the gov't, as would be the case in real life.

The effect of various laws that have been passed recently, and the possible authoritarian uses of modern technology were thoroughly and realistically presented - and THIS may wake up a few who are libertarian-minded (small "L") but not terribly interested in guns.

The technical descriptions and details about firearms were, to the best of my knowledge (which is, I am certain, far less than yours) 100% spot-on. This alone is something that is rarely seen in ANY book, and cannot help but have an effect on any of those neutral on the gun issue who read the book.

I love how the characters talk about the nature of liberty and our nation (as it was intended to be by those dead white guys of blessed memory).

I'd love to know if you think that a list similar to the one mentioned prominently in the latter half of the book would be released in a "time of stress" or even beforehand.

My own wishlist: I'd have loved the book even more if you'd written more about what was going on in the rest of the country, esp. to compare/contrast the degree of action or passivity in "Blue Nation" with "Red Nation," as opposed to concentrating so much on the main groups of GGs and BGs. It would have been more interesting to hear about what more of the 10 million deer hunters that you often mention in posts would have done, esp. with "interesting" items that they owned. I'd have also liked to have seen a bit more in the way of describing exactly what one would - theoretically, of course - do to accomplish certain objectives (though I fully understand that this is NOT the "Anarchists' Cookbook"). I'd also be curious to hear about how the NG in the various states, as well as the respective governors, would have reacted to federalization and subsequent presidential orders to do house-to-house searches. Ditto for the armed forces. Of course, this was YOUR book, and one can't

In summary, the plot flowed extremely smoothly - you plainly put in a lot of effort to do this, and it shows. As I said before, it is about as realistic a scenario as one could hope for in a plainly fictional novel. The characters were ALL very real, and the the action was damned near non-stop. A truly great book, IMHO. I just hope that you can sell a couple of hundred thousand copies, to pass on the ideas incorporated in the book to as many people as possible - maybe, just maybe, a book on this topic CAN make a difference, and if any of this very small genre can do so, EFAD is the one. I WILL be re-reading this one many times, and encouraging all that I know to either buy a copy or borrow (not take, BORROW) my copy.

By the way, do you have a sequel planned? Or a book on a related topic. Please PM me if you don't wish to broadcast it to the world.

Many thanks for a truly superior book - it was well worth the wait.

Travis McGee
September 12, 2003, 04:57 PM
Sam Adams:
Thanks for the long and thoughtful review! I appreciate the feedback. As it was, I chopped out and consolidated a lot of "Ian Kelbys" in the pursuit of keeping the book under 600 pages. I used the device of main characters mentioning other incidents in other states to keep the reader abreast of events in the other 48 states. But if I had included all the "idependent operators" and little groups, it would have gone to 800 or 1,000 pages.

I am getting ready for the sequel, "DOMESTIC ENEMIES." It will be, (with a really cool plot device that will totally outrage you), jumped 5 years into the future after the end of EFAD. Remember, EFAD all took place over 3 weeks, with an epilogue 3 months later, so it's really a snapshot in time. House to house cordon and search with the NG and so on will be better handled in "DOMESTIC ENEMIES," five years later. America will have a lot of possible problems and bad outcomes come to pass over those 5 years, so it's going to be a pretty nasty place for the freedom-oriented by then.

Matt

September 12, 2003, 05:32 PM
I read the 20 chapters yesterday. Looks very good. Now I have to make the effort to order the book.
I was extremly paranoid after reading the on-line portion.

Don't worry about trying to keep the book down to "X" number of pages. When I read a good book I want it to go on and on. However I think going into too much detail and making the story too wide ranging would make it slower. You see something unfolding and want to know how it turned out without reading 100 pages in between.

Edit: I ordered a copy. Can't wait to finish it. Hopefully it will be here soon. Maybe I shouldn't have started reading it on-line since I won't be able to finish it for a week or two.

BadWolf
September 12, 2003, 06:29 PM
Got my copy, and finished it! I too must say that had this been a few years ago (Pre-Wife) I would have finished it in a couple days, but had to take a little longer now :D

Excellent read, and kudos to Travis...er, Matt who not only wrote a great book but who is friendly to correspond with as well!

Go buy it! Can't wait for the sequel.

-BadWolf

Sam Adams
September 12, 2003, 07:23 PM
Travis/Matt,

If your cool plot for Domestic Enemies that will outrage me is some version of Azlatan (or whatever the F they want to call it), you had better include a lot of dead Mexicans in Texas, and a FREE Texas. The Alamo WON'T fall again. Too many guys with ARs, M1As, etc. on too many pickup trucks. And LOTS of full autos - there's nothing that isn't legal to possess down here that isn't illegal federally (and quite a bit of stuff is here that ain't legal anywhere, even though it ought to be). Plus, LOTS of deer and coyote hunters - those are BIG sports down here - so lots of scoped, bolt-action rifles and folks that know how to use them well. Remember, there are roughly 2 guns per adult here, which equates to about 30 million guns, and us Gringos have most of them.

P.S. I will be glad to help out with plot or detail authentication if any of the planned book involves South Texas, esp. the San Antonio area.

P.P.S. I can say all of the un-PC, anti-Mex things that I want to - I married one (she's totally legal and will be a conservative-voting citizen sometime before the '04 election - and she won't ever go back to Mexiland except to visit family or play on the beach somewhere).

P.P.P.S. So, where's the 2nd book already? I've been done with EFAD for about 15 hours, and I'm beginning to get the D.T.s :D

eoR
September 12, 2003, 11:46 PM
Dunno that there would be a lot of Mexicans on the side of the MEChA/Aztlan idiots. Though most may have closer ties to Mexico than I do to Germany or Ireland where my ancestors came from, most of my Mexican friends and acquaintances are just as patriotic towards Texas and the USA as this here guerro. I think MEChA is mostly a small but vocal bunch of clueless idiots whose views have little in common w/ those of most Mexican Americans.

Devin

http://www.boernenet.com/users/dcoryell/pictures/ComeAndTakeIt1.jpg

edetid fer spelin

Ian Sean
September 13, 2003, 08:15 AM
P.P.P.S. So, where's the 2nd book already? I've been done with EFAD for about 15 hours, and I'm beginning to get the D.T.s

My thoughts exactly! Matt, you did a good job. When ever I turn the last page in a GOOD book that I have really been into I am always kind of ticked off that it is over. Your book was a wild ride and kept me interested and tuned up to the end. Well worth the wait.

Get a move on with D.E.! Like Sam said, Feel free to contact me as well if you need any background for the Ft. Dix/McGuire AFB area (I grew up there) or Northeast PA where I live now. I would gladly help in any way!

Travis McGee
September 13, 2003, 12:43 PM
Sam Adams:
Right you are! The border between "Nuevo Mexico" and Texas will be like an international frontier, but Balkan style. Think
Former Yugoslavia" with jalapeno sauce. Texans will not roll over, they will fight back hard.

Mechista radicals in TX will be "encouraged" to depart, but nothing like the way Anglos are being ethnically cleansed out of NM by open intimidation, forced to sell out for a dime on the dollar for their property.

Travis McGee
September 13, 2003, 12:45 PM
eoR:
That's very true, but the radicals are the ones who will be in charge of the govt of "Nuevo Mexico" and open the borders to bring in more radicals. They will be the core of the Militia Mexicana, setting up "security ceckpoints" to harrass and brutalize anglos into leaving the state.

Matt

Travis McGee
September 13, 2003, 12:47 PM
Ian Sean: Thanks! If I get a good rep out of EFAD, I might be able to get DE published at an even greater length, a real opus of the dirty wars in the USA circa 2013.

Travis McGee
September 13, 2003, 12:49 PM
Badwolf and 444: keep your eye out for "Domestic Enemies." I hope it takes less than 3 years to write!

Matt

eoR
September 13, 2003, 04:26 PM
Matt,

I see what you're saying, God knows that those radicals are out there. I imagine that the "La Raza Unida Party" down in South Texas would love to see just this sort of thing happen. Unfortunately, along with the hard core radicals, there are sheeple both brown and white who buy into the watered down "for public consumption" stated goals of groups like these while ignoring their real racist agendas. So, the possibility of them coming into real power is certainly there (as is the certainty that there are real Texan patriots ~ brown, white, all skin colors, who'd be fighting :fire: the Nuevo Mexican govt !!).

Damn, ya got tha makins of yet another great book!! My already high level of anticipation for Domestic Enemies has just about doubled now! ;)

Devin

http://www.boernenet.com/users/dcoryell/pictures/2008Alamo.jpg http://www.boernenet.com/users/dcoryell/pictures/ComeAndTakeIt1.jpg

4v50 Gary
September 13, 2003, 08:53 PM
Can we still get one? I'd like to get a first edition autographed by you.

Haven't read fiction in years and since one in about ten years is about right, yours seem to be the best choice.

Correction - I do read fiction. It's called the newspaper.

Travis McGee
September 13, 2003, 09:30 PM
eoR:

Folks think that because "most people" are middle of the road, radical outcomes are not possible. They forget the Bolsheviks siezed power in Russia with a tiny group, and I could give more examples all day about how hard core radicals can cow the sheeple into inaction and take over.

In my novel, the radical "La Raza" types in Nuevo Mexico make a deal with the tribes for greater autonomy, all kinds of promises to get their support during the takeover phase. Once they have the Gubenador and the legislature, they can make up almost any crazy laws they want. And as long as they provide a solid Dem electoral vote, the 'rat president looks the other way.

We already see Bush "look the other way" during this phase of the invasion, imagine a 'rat president, with a Bustamante type governor in NM.

Travis McGee
September 13, 2003, 09:32 PM
4v50
Don't worry, there are lots of books left!

Matt

Gator
September 14, 2003, 01:14 AM
Just started reading it tonight.....WOW!!!!

Gotta go read some more.......

Travis McGee
September 14, 2003, 02:03 PM
Gator: Will you do me a favor and post your thoughts after you finish it? Just no spoilers about the last 2 chapters, of course.

Matt

Bill St. Clair
September 14, 2003, 02:48 PM
There's a review by Dean Weingarten in this week's issue of The Libertarian Enterprise. He ordered a case so he can give away copies.

http://www.webleyweb.com/tle/tle238-20030914-04.html

Peetmoss
September 14, 2003, 06:18 PM
I read the 20 chapters you have on the net, all I can say is wow. It has been a great read so far.
I orderd the book today, and I must say it's the first book I have ever started to read that I couldn't wait to finish. I just have to know what happens.

I sure hope guns america gets that book to me soon. I would also like to add that giving part of the book away on the net was a great idea. I wouldn't have purchased it otherwise.

Great book so far anyway and hope to see more work from you soon.

Travis McGee
September 14, 2003, 07:19 PM
Peetmoss:
Thanks! Posting 20 chapters on the website was my idea, I can't understand new authors who only post one or two "sample chapters."

I'm already working on the sequel.

Matt

Travis McGee
September 17, 2003, 03:04 PM
Bill St. Clair:

Dean Weingarten went and ordered another box of 16 books. Over half of my orginal printing of 1,100 books is now sold, in 3 weeks.

I might do the next printing in hardback. More expensive, but more rugged, what do you think?

Matt

ballistic gelatin
September 17, 2003, 03:24 PM
Dude,

I would love to have a hardback edition.

I would also love to see the movie or at least the made-for-tv-movie.

larry408
September 17, 2003, 07:59 PM
How do I return my book??? When I start reading it I do not want to put it down <G>.:D

Razor
September 17, 2003, 11:38 PM
I might do the next printing in hardback. More expensive, but more rugged, what do you think?

Uh....YES!!!!:D

NIGHTWATCH
October 14, 2003, 08:06 AM
Just ordered a copy from Amazon.com. :D

Matt, I am hearing some great things out here about your book. ;)

ballistic gelatin
October 14, 2003, 11:13 AM
I am just over half way through this book and I can't wait to see the movie.

Travis McGee
October 14, 2003, 02:32 PM
NIGHTWATCH: Glad to hear it! Where are you hearing it, at the range or gunshop, or online here? Just curious.

Matt

NIGHTWATCH
October 14, 2003, 03:10 PM
Matt, I recently went up to Miniola Long Island to pick up a shotgun I had some work being done on. It was at the gunshop that I spoke to a guy who had a copy sticking out of his fannypack. :) He said that your book was so on the mark that it actually disturbed him. Oh, and he said that this book was making him "count the cost" of being free.

All in all a pretty deep compliment. :D

Balog
October 14, 2003, 04:05 PM
Matt: sounds like a great read. I'll be ordering one at the end of the month when I come into a wee bit o' extra cash.
However, I was a bit disturbed by this statement you made It's not in the end about Rambos in militias

Now, for someone who didn't want to portray the entire ATF as a "rogue division" this sounds remarkably stereotypical to me. Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting this comment, but it really sounds like you're typecasting anyone who belongs to a group like this as some pathetic loser who couldn't get in the military but claims they were a SEAL in 'Nam. I've never met one of these people; just like I've never met a tin-foil hat wearing, black helo watching paranoid "survivalist"; or a beer-swilling, Lil' Abner "hunter"; or any of the other inaccurate stereotypes used to fracture the bonds between gun owners. Yeah, there are people like that, but to simply dismiss a group as "Rambos [sic] in militias" seems like something of an injustice. Again, forgive me if I'm taking this out of context, it's just a subject I've grown rather sensitive about.

Travis McGee
October 15, 2003, 12:53 PM
Balog: that does sound like a flippant remark, and I'd like to retract it. There are lots of great folks looking for a worthwhile outlet for their determination to defend liberty in America, and for many, that is in miltias.

My opinion is though, that they are so easily penetrated, that they make very easy targets for those who would harm liberty by discrediting miltias, through the types of slimy attacks that the bad guys in my book use. For example, leaving confiscated "militia" related weapons at the scenes of crimes.

Great care must be exercised by anyone in a militia, they have powerful enemies who would stoop to any level to smear them. I'm sorry if my words sounded like I was smearing them. Very sorry.

Matt

Balog
October 15, 2003, 01:06 PM
Matt: no offense taken. I happen to agree about the dangers of being associated with a public militia group. I suppose I have a different perspective on the militia issue than most. In my mind, I associate it with a closed group, one that doesn't advertise or necessarily admit to existing. I realize that is not the view taken by most, however.

As I said, I thought that comment most likely just came out wrong. One of the perpetual dangers of communication via a board such as this is that of misunderstanding. I respect your forthrightness and accountability. I cannot think of a better way of summing up my position on the subject of militias than the one you stated. Thank you.

Edit: for spelling

Travis McGee
October 15, 2003, 07:56 PM
"In my mind, I associate it with a closed group, one that doesn't advertise or necessarily admit to existing."

Yes! I agree totally. Informal gun clubs and hunting clubs are the way to go, with only close friends known for years admitted to their higher purposes.

Splat Shot
October 15, 2003, 08:28 PM
Matt, got the book. Great read, one of those you can't put down. Have recommended to the guys at work so you should be getting some more orders. Regards, Splat.

Travis McGee
October 16, 2003, 07:28 PM
NIGHTWATCH: That makes my day, hearing that you saw the book in a gun shop in NY, 3,000 miles from me in San Diego!

Matt

Travis McGee
October 17, 2003, 03:57 AM
Splatshot:

Thanks! I'm about out of my first edition, and I'm having another 2,000 printed asap.

Matt

http://matthewbracken.web.aplus.net/snakelogo.jpg

PAshooter
October 17, 2003, 10:03 AM
Just finished reading my copy last night. Funny - I had to go on a business trip and spend an evening alone in a motel room to get enough "me time" to finally make it through - too many interruptions at home.

All I can say is: fantastic first effort, Matt. The book was riveting from cover to cover... scary and uplifting at the same time. Scary because the story is so timely and believable, and uplifting because of... well because the heros of the story (if you want to call them that) are my kind of people... our kind of people... the sorts of folks I call my friends and the kinds I "associate with" online at places like THR.

Thanks, Matt, for telling the kind of story that needs to be told, and for doing it in an insightful, realistic way. You have a gift. Looking forward to your next saga... and hopefully many more after that.

ballistic gelatin
October 17, 2003, 04:30 PM
too many interruptions at homeditto

Travis McGee
October 18, 2003, 12:18 PM
MDSHOOTER:
Thanks! I truly spent 3 years of my life "inside" of that book's alternate reality.

I am almost sold out of my first edition, and I'm rushing a 2,000 copy 2nd Edition into print. (This time, the typos are gone, and I learn to spell "aiplane hangar!")

Matt

larry408
October 21, 2003, 08:03 PM
When you start reading it you do not have time to look for misspelled words.

Travis McGee
October 21, 2003, 08:50 PM
Larry,
That's nice of you to say. But just the same, the 2nd edition should be typo free, or at least 99.999% so.

Matt

Sergeant Bob
October 22, 2003, 06:56 AM
Travis McGee I am almost sold out of my first edition, and I'm rushing a 2,000 copy 2nd Edition into print. (This time, the typos are gone, and I learn to spell "aiplane hangar!")
I'm OK with the typos Matt! After the Blockbuster movie comes out, the original autographed copies with the typos will be highly collectable!
Who are you going to get to direct it?

ballistic gelatin
October 22, 2003, 10:59 AM
I finished the book last night. Man...I loved it. I wish I could have written a book report on this one in high school. I loaned it to a guy just this morning.

I also wish there was someone I could discuss it with. Some things about the story are easy to enjoy/be enthused about. And some of the twists require a real effort to get over/accept. I think it could be very well received by readers in the firearms subculture. Making it sucessful in the anti or undecided camp will be different. While the cover does surely invite questions by others, it also screams, "Gun Nut!"*. No offense Travis.

*note: gun nut reference based on response by coworkers in breakroom.

Lemme know when I can discuss the story with other readers on a message board somewhere....or chatroom. Maybe Instant Messenger.

Travis McGee
October 22, 2003, 02:38 PM
Sergeant Bob: I'm calling the first edition the "airplane hanger edition!"

http://matthewbracken.web.aplus.net/snakelogo.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about ""Enemies Foreign And Domestic" Delivered By Now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!