Yikes! My siggie was weird!

PDA

.cheese.
September 8, 2008, 04:58 AM
I've been using Linux computers for a long time. I just saw how my sig line looked on a Windows computer - :what: :what: Font: Impact looks ridiculous on Windows!

Changed it. Sorry for the eyesore folks. I didn't realize how bad it looked on Windows boxes.

Also, I noticed there seems to be a new rule on siggies. When I went to edit the font out and then save it without the font formatting, it told me my siggie was too long. I was thinking, "It's the same as it was before minus the formatting?" so I removed more formatting. Same error. I removed extra line breaks.... still too long.... I removed my beloved reference to loving chocolate milk.... still too long.... I put the whole thing together as one clump of text........ finally it worked.

sheesh..... new rule? I hope my previous eyesore of a sig line wasn't what prompted it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Yikes! My siggie was weird!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
September 8, 2008, 09:57 AM
"I hope my previous eyesore of a sig line wasn't what prompted it?"

It was yours and hundreds more like it. We felt the signature function was being grossly abused. A signature should be just that - a signature; perhaps a single quote (serious or witty); maybe a link to a member's website or another forum, etc., but that's it. Signatures were becoming garish roadside bill boards. We simply put a stop to any new ones that might come along.

BTW, you still have a font tag hanging on for dear life. ;)

.cheese.
September 8, 2008, 05:00 PM
oh whoops... nice catch

N1150X
September 8, 2008, 07:41 PM
It was yours and hundreds more like it. We felt the signature function was being grossly abused. A signature should be just that - a signature; perhaps a single quote (serious or witty); maybe a link to a member's website or another forum, etc., but that's it. Signatures were becoming garish roadside bill boards. We simply put a stop to any new ones that might come along.

thanks! I saw one guy had a 4 verse song or something for his sig line unbelievable!!! it took up half a page!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Yikes! My siggie was weird!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!