Pics of my modest collection...

PDA

PirateRadio
September 8, 2008, 12:08 PM
Finally got around to taking a couple pics of my small handgun collection. I've been shooting since November and so far I'm up to 10 guns. A few .22 rifles, a Yugo SKS, M44, a Mossberg 835 shotgun, and these handguns. The most recent purchase is the Ruger GP100. I bought that badboy last week. :)

http://www.spookywhatsqueeks.com/other/handgun2.jpg

http://www.spookywhatsqueeks.com/other/handgun1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Pics of my modest collection..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trickyasafox
September 8, 2008, 12:36 PM
Nice collection!

HunterGirl
September 8, 2008, 01:02 PM
For a second I thought one was missing.....

very nice :)

wworker
September 8, 2008, 01:10 PM
My collection is similar except for the S&W.

Your 45 is probably the most accurate, but the GP100 is most likely 2nd.

Lonestar49
September 8, 2008, 01:13 PM

Nice small herd, and the same here, but it, they, will get the job done..

Ls

PirateRadio
September 8, 2008, 01:26 PM
wworker-

Right now, I'm more accurate with the 92FS. It was my first handgun and I've had the most practice with it. I haven't shot the Gp100 yet. The 1911 seems pretty accurate but I don't think I've had enough practice with it yet to get really good. The extractor got screwed up a while back and it was out of commission for a while.

PirateRadio
September 8, 2008, 01:27 PM
HunterGirl-

Actually one is missing, because it's still technically mine. ;)

CountGlockula
September 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
Great selection/collection.

Those are the exact same guns my local rental range has. You have great taste!

tinygnat219
September 8, 2008, 01:55 PM
PirateRadio,

Nice collection! I like your choices.

PirateRadio
September 8, 2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks guys!

floydster
September 8, 2008, 03:57 PM
Very nice, thanks for posting.
The GP 100 in .357 mag. is going to be my next gun.

possum
September 8, 2008, 06:58 PM
very nice, it looks like you have most of the bases covered all you need now is a poly gun!:)

Smaug
September 8, 2008, 07:46 PM
You have good taste. They are all classics except the S&W. Not that it isn't good, just that it isn't a classic.

The GP100 is my favorite. Probably the most versatile, just a bit heavy and hard to change aim for home defense. On the other hand, it is the perfect range gun, and would even serve for a hunting gun.

Where are the long guns?

Magnus1959
September 8, 2008, 08:22 PM
Very nice.

Thernlund
September 8, 2008, 08:26 PM
Ahhhhhh. I remember the old days when I could actually get all the handguns I owned into one photograph. *sigh*

Nice collection. I look forward to seeing it grow. ;)

-T.

Javelin
September 8, 2008, 08:39 PM
Great collection. What are you leaning towards next?

Babalouie
September 8, 2008, 09:43 PM
Ahh, another gun whore in training :D

Magnus1959
September 8, 2008, 09:56 PM
Ahhhhhh. I remember the old days when I could actually get all the handguns I owned into one photograph. *sigh*

I'll take some off your hands to make you feel better. :neener:

Loomis
September 8, 2008, 10:03 PM
That beretta is a very accurate shooter. That's why you do well with it. The revolver will beat it once you get some practice with it, provided it's not some crazy caliber like a 44 mag or 454casul. Shoot 44 special or 38 special, and a revolver like that is going to beat the beretta.

That springfield can't match the beretta. It's just not in the same class. Not unless you have extensive work done on it.

PirateRadio
September 9, 2008, 12:43 PM
Javelin - Next I'm looking at either a Springfield XD, Glock of some sort or a H&K USP.

Babalouie - You betcha'! When I get into something, I get into it! As a computer nerd I have something like 6 laptops and 5 desktops in my house. As a guitar player I think I have like 18 guitars and 7 amps. Stupid addictive personality... :D

PirateRadio
September 9, 2008, 12:45 PM
Loomis - I'm looking forward to shooting the GP100 but it will be another month before I can. For my birthday in October a bunch of friends and I are going out to the g/f's parents farm in Minnesota. I'm bringing every gun I own to shoot that weekend. Right now I'm in the ammo stockpiling phase!

wworker
September 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
Your 45 acp will out shoot all of the others if using good ammo, like reloads that are tuned to your pistol.

I took up reloading about 9 months ago and haven't bought very much factory ammo since then. Actually I've been selling the factory ammo in favor of using reloads.

PirateRadio
September 9, 2008, 01:19 PM
wworker - I've been looking very hard at getting into reloading recently. Know of any good websites with info to help me get started?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pics of my modest collection..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!