Ak trigger wont reset on own

PDA

gladi8tr
September 8, 2008, 11:05 PM
How ya doin i have a arsenal sam7sf ak, Last rangetrip it ran good today when I went out it would fire but i had to reset the trigger by pushing it. Any idears, thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Ak trigger wont reset on own" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nalioth
September 8, 2008, 11:14 PM
Open 'er up, take out the recoil spring, and bolt carrier.

Look down in there and make sure your hammer springs are parallel with the receiver wall and trigger arms, and that the hooks on the end of the hammer spring are straddling the ends of the trigger arms.

JesseL
September 8, 2008, 11:21 PM
Take a look at this thread:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=355531

gladi8tr
September 9, 2008, 12:05 AM
I will check it out right now thanks for the info

gladi8tr
September 9, 2008, 12:10 AM
they are parrallel with the reciever and they are all in place. I oiled it up and shot it some more and it started to reset just fine, at first it felt like it had somthing that was blocking the reset but now it feels smooth.

HorseSoldier
September 9, 2008, 01:13 PM
they are parrallel with the reciever and they are all in place. I oiled it up and shot it some more and it started to reset just fine, at first it felt like it had somthing that was blocking the reset but now it feels smooth.

I had the same issue with a Yugo AK I had, and it would come and go. The problem was one of the hammer springs, like Nalioth suggested. A gunsmith buddy of mine bent the offending spring a bit and the problem has not happened since to either me, or the guy I sold it to eventually (including running it through Vicker's AK class, so I think the fix was pretty good).

dglockster
September 9, 2008, 03:00 PM
If all of the above check out, replacing the disconnector spring may help.

nalioth
September 9, 2008, 03:09 PM
If all of the above check out, replacing the disconnector spring may helpBecause it certainly won't hurt?

The disconnector spring has nothing to do with the described problem.

It's either:

a) problematic hammer spring

or

b) foreign object obstruction under the trigger.

dglockster
September 9, 2008, 03:22 PM
Because it certainly won't hurt?

The disconnector spring has nothing to do with the described problem.

nalioth's right. I was reading "trigger reset" but thinking "hammer reset."

gladi8tr
September 11, 2008, 01:10 AM
I took it out to the range today and it ran fine thru a 1000 round box of wolf. I think somthing was stuck in there, after a good cleaning she ran fine, now time to sell it, I couldnt sell it if she didnt work right. Thanks for the info guys i appreciate it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ak trigger wont reset on own" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!