HELP!! I might have worn out my firing-pin spring on my K31

PDA

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
September 8, 2008, 10:15 PM
I may have just worn out the firing pin spring on my K31. I'm not sure. It's been a while since I put it up, about a week or so, and the rifle has been cocked since then (I forgot to release the tension).

I'm not sure if it's just the amount of time that I haven't handled it or what, but the spring feels like it's giving a lot easier.

If I did ruin it, where could I find a new one for a cheaper price, not dirt cheap and crap, just enough to where I can afford it (gas prices are a :cuss:)

Any advice is welcomed, and I thank you in advance.

LJ-MF-B

If you enjoyed reading about "HELP!! I might have worn out my firing-pin spring on my K31" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
September 9, 2008, 08:39 AM
Serioulsy, nobody can give me the slightest bit of advice?

res45
September 9, 2008, 08:51 AM
List of parts dealers

http://www.swissrifles.com/sr/#links

http://www.northridgeinc.com/sp_swiss.htm

ZeSpectre
September 9, 2008, 08:55 AM
Does it still fire? If so I doubt I'd worry about it.
Of course you could disassemble and inspect to make sure the spring isn't broken.

tinygnat219
September 9, 2008, 08:58 AM
Check E-gun parts, or Numrich. If nothing else, check out E-bay or GB for a spare bolt or something like that that can be used for parts.

Titus
September 9, 2008, 10:19 AM
Leaving it cocked like that wouldn't have worn it out by itself or everyone would be buying a new spring every week. As ZeSpectre suggested, you could take the bolt down and have a look. It's probably nothing, but if you still feel it's not right, you might try the forum over at Swiss Rifles (http://theswissriflesdotcommessageboard.yuku.com/).

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
September 9, 2008, 11:59 AM
Okay thanks. I wasn't sure. Just felt different. Probably just me not handling it for a while and not being used to it. Haven't shot it lately, so I'm not sure if it'll still shoot. It sounds like it clicks like normal though.

Owen
September 9, 2008, 01:17 PM
i think you're making a mountan out of a molehill. the spring is probably fine. Chances are that it's been left cocked in a closet for decades. Leaving it cocked for a week doesn't mean a thing.

pinstripe
September 9, 2008, 02:36 PM
I don't think that it is safe to fire. Send it over to me and I will dispose of it properly.:D
These rifle are put together like a tank. Leaving it cocked wouldn't effect the spring. I don't leave mine cocked, just out of habit. These are alot more durable than most folks think.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
September 9, 2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I'll "dispose" of it meself! lol.

Okay, Because, I was kinda worried.

If you enjoyed reading about "HELP!! I might have worn out my firing-pin spring on my K31" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!