About AIM surplus...

PDA

Geech
September 7, 2003, 12:27 AM
Do you have to have a FFL on file with them to purchase a rifle, or can you have it sent to a FFL?

If you enjoyed reading about "About AIM surplus..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
September 7, 2003, 12:50 AM
You can have it sent to a local FFL in your area, but AIM will probably want a copy of their license for their files.

dinosaur
September 7, 2003, 06:59 AM
Check with your FFL. Many of them deal regularly with places like Aim, CDNN etc. so the`ll be on file allready.

Trebor
September 7, 2003, 11:19 AM
Anytime you are ordering a firearm to be shipped to a FFL other than yourself, you MUST first contact the potential recepient FFL holder and get their OK to make the order. The vendor will usually ship on your say-so without independantly verifying the authorization with the recepient FFL, but failure to get auth on your part can open you up to all sorts of problems from the FFL refusing the shipment up to actual criminal liability.

curt
September 7, 2003, 03:07 PM
..actual criminal liability.

Huh? How could you be criminally liable if you forgot to call your FFL or the kid who answers the phone forgort to tell anyone? What would be required for you to prove in court that you called your FFL? What criminal act transpired?

I always call my FFL so that if he gets the firearm in and there is nothing in the box to show who is the intended recipient, he won't send it back.

The other thing is that if he does not have an FFL on file he will need to send an original signed one in to AIM or whatever. No responsible FFL is going to send a firearm to someone he doesn't have a copy on file for.

Trebor
September 7, 2003, 09:49 PM
Curt,

There was a specific incident I read about where the buyer was criminally charged for ordering weapons without the consent or knowledge of the receiving FFL. The gist of it was that if the receiving FFL did not know about the order, it could be considered criminal fraud.

I will say that in the case I heard about where charges were brought, there was evidence of criminal intent more than just forgetting to call the FFL, but the underlying principle is the same.

I'll see if I can find the cite to that specific incident again. It was on one of the mil-surp boards awhile back, but I don't think I saved it.

aquapong
September 7, 2003, 11:05 PM
When I ordered from AIM I simply went to my local shop and asked them to send their FFL to AIM. Once they received it, my sks was on it's way.

Geech
September 7, 2003, 11:14 PM
Ok, thanks everyone.

jizzacked
September 8, 2003, 03:36 AM
I overnighted payment and a copy of my friendly local FFL to them and they shipped promptly. my sar-1 should be arriving early this week.

Monte Harrison
September 8, 2003, 09:00 AM
So is AIM a quality outfit? I may be asking this question a little late, since I have a MN 91/30 on order from them.

iamkris
September 8, 2003, 09:11 AM
Epitome of quality.

Their descriptions of firearms are typically worse than they actually are and they shop promptly. One of the best.

geojap
September 8, 2003, 02:04 PM
I buy a lot from AIM with my C&R license. They are the best wholesaler out there, IMO. They are not perfect (but very close), but they are the best. They have very nice, helpful people, A1-customer service, and outstanding products.

You cannot order anything from them without a license (Type 01 or 03) already being on file with AIM. Don't try it, because they will cancel your order.

curt
September 8, 2003, 08:58 PM
AIM has great stuff. I just bought a CZ52 and 1000 rds of igman 5.56 from them. Get yourself one of them $30 C&R FFLs and you can really do some bidness wif em, and brownells, and empire and....

Harold Mayo
September 8, 2003, 10:45 PM
AIM is great. Don't worry about dealing with them.

jason10mm
September 9, 2003, 12:43 PM
Their selection is not the greatest, but their quality is top-notch. I really think they run over to Century whenever something new comes in and get first pick. You will pay a little more from AIM, but you get your money's worth, unlike the so called "hand-picked" fee from other wholesellers. Just be aware that their local mail service is SLOW, and I would send any FFL as priority mail with delivery confirmation so you can be sure it gets there.

Carlos
September 9, 2003, 07:30 PM
I love those guys. Great service. Well worth having an 03 FFL on file with em.

4v50 Gary
September 9, 2003, 10:27 PM
Bought ammo from them b-4.

If you enjoyed reading about "About AIM surplus..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!