"Ultra Tactical Extreme" just an empty term?

PDA

SP Shop Foreman
September 9, 2008, 11:50 AM
Maybe not.

http://www.surgeonrifles.com/homepage/

Allen
SP

If you enjoyed reading about ""Ultra Tactical Extreme" just an empty term?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Art Eatman
September 9, 2008, 12:35 PM
The label is not the thing.

In this case, it's a helluva fine product, with a label full of Madison Avenue hype.

IOW, you could put the barrelled action in a nice-looking walnut stock and go out and kill Bambi at Ma Bell distances. Lotsa sub-half-MOA rifles around which don't need all those fancy labels.

My problem is not with the product. It's the advertising and labelling that's reminiscent of car ads and ads for armpit sweet-smellum: "Use our product because it enhances your manly prowess in horizontal recreation."

Justin
September 9, 2008, 12:38 PM
"Use our product because it enhances your manly prowess in horizontal recreation."

In this case, that would be long distance, prone-only rifle competition? :D

Art Eatman
September 9, 2008, 01:08 PM
Absent a mattress, quite possibly...

:D:D:D

everallm
September 9, 2008, 01:13 PM
They forgot to add

Exclusive Ninja Special Forces Operator

Andrew Wyatt
September 9, 2008, 01:38 PM
You need a mattress for that?

SP Shop Foreman
September 9, 2008, 01:42 PM
Personally I'd rather have the one my boss has. She has a Wilson that shoots essentially the same. Not the Wilson Arms, but the other Wilson. Stewart Wilson, and the picture on the middle is exactly the one she bought.

This is the site.
http://www.shooterready.com/sw.html

Allen
SP

Neckshot5seven
September 9, 2008, 01:44 PM
Comes with a free case of EXTREME SHOCKammunition and a cool mall ninja shirt

GRB
September 9, 2008, 01:55 PM
They forgot to add

Exclusive Ninja Special Forces Operator Did you read theoir web pag. I did and i see nothing that indicates they used any terms to show their rifles as being anything other than excelelnt quality and darned good shooters made to top notch specs. Unless I missed it, they did not use terms like:

"Ultra Tactical Extreme" Yet the title of this thread may lead you to believe they did so.

Sure they pile on the sniper use aspects of these rifles, but apparently they designed them to be used as sniper rifles - so why wouldn't that be a logical choice of how to present them?

I think some of you are reading way too much into the website, probably because the title of this thread pointed you in the direction of Ultra Extreme tactical - yet the ad did not go there.

SP Shop Foreman
September 9, 2008, 02:25 PM
I was being fascetious, apparently not obvious enough.

Allen
SP

Tarvis
September 9, 2008, 02:27 PM
I didn't see Ultra Tactical Extreme anywhere.

Aka Zero
September 9, 2008, 03:33 PM
I like "or tactical and target" those sell as two separate things.

It's like a car/truck that was either Extreme, or heavy duty. People look for different things. Some people want "precision" stamped on it, some want "tactical".

As long as it stays away from the mall security add ons. it's all fine by me.

SP Shop Foreman
September 9, 2008, 03:42 PM
Extreme Ultra Tactical Precision. Infinity.
I'm always amazed at descriptions, whistles, bells, multirails adn snaky looking finishes being of more import than a simple, standard moa barrel and receiver in a standard stock.
A well placed shot is a well placed shot, and dead is dead.
You could always follow up with an extreme, ultra tactical coffin. With multi rails.

Allen
SP

ranger335v
September 9, 2008, 05:28 PM
"Ultra Tactical Extreme" just an empty term? "

NOT TO A MALL NINJA!

("I was being fascetious, apparently not obvious enough." - Reading can sometimes be difficult to interpret between what's in jest and what's an attempt at seriousness in these days of so much literal foolishness.)

Owen
September 9, 2008, 05:41 PM
I don't see why this website struck the EXTREEM!!! chord with the OP.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Ultra Tactical Extreme" just an empty term?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!