How do I delete a dupe post.

PDA

ranger7
September 9, 2008, 01:53 PM
Posted a reply, it didn't appear. Posted same (as best as I could remember) again and both appeared. Wanted to delete one of them. I have an edit/delete button but couldn't find the way to delete. Help!

(Consider adding something to the FAQ about deleting a dupe post.)

If you enjoyed reading about "How do I delete a dupe post." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VHinch
September 9, 2008, 02:49 PM
You can't delete it. PM the link to the moderator for that subforum, and they'll take care of it.

scrat
September 9, 2008, 03:18 PM
+1 that or just forget it

Mal H
September 9, 2008, 03:18 PM
It's true that you can't delete a post or thread. What most do is simply edit the post and replace all text with "Please delete". If it's a thread, you can edit the title to say simply "Delete". When a moderator sees that, they will delete the post or thread. Happens all the time.

You can, of course, PM the link as VHinch recommends, but to be honest, that's somewhat of a waste of time for you and us. A post or thread marked "delete" does no harm, and it will be spotted and deleted sooner or later.

ranger7
September 9, 2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks. Was confused by the "Edit/Delete" button. (I guess you can get it deleted by editing it.)

If you enjoyed reading about "How do I delete a dupe post." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!