Mossberg 100 ATR v. CZ 550 American?

PDA

emilianoksa
September 9, 2008, 04:14 PM
Which of these two in .308, if you had no other choice?

I assume the CZ is better because it costs more. But how much better?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 100 ATR v. CZ 550 American?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
almostfree
September 9, 2008, 04:33 PM
I am of the opinion that cost does not always equate better quality. Sometimes you are paying for a brand name. I think CZ 550s are of considerably more quality than their price indicates. I have had trouble with my safari magnum, but the other I have owned were great. The only reason I got rid of them was to minimize the number of caliber I have owned. I have not handled the Mossberg, but I can tell you that the CZ 550 is well worth the money.

19-3Ben
September 9, 2008, 04:40 PM
CZ's are incredibly nice rifles. VERY well built with beautiful fit and finish.

I've never shot the ATR, but I did handle one. It seemed to be a good value for what it was. Not great fit/finish, but good enough.

But when i grab a CZ...oooohhhhhh......mercy me, it's a wonderful thing.

emilianoksa
September 9, 2008, 05:41 PM
Thank you.:)

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
September 9, 2008, 05:42 PM
CZ's are incredibly nice rifles. VERY well built with beautiful fit and finish.

I've never shot the ATR, but I did handle one. It seemed to be a good value for what it was. Not great fit/finish, but good enough.

But when i grab a CZ...oooohhhhhh......mercy me, it's a wonderful thing.

Yep, +1.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 100 ATR v. CZ 550 American?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!