Nylon or bronze brush?

PDA

Timradcliffe345
September 10, 2008, 02:26 AM
For cleaning your weapons, what do you use?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nylon or bronze brush?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jst1mr
September 10, 2008, 03:14 AM
Depends what I'm cleaning...there are uses for nylon, bronze, brass, and copper.

Coal Dragger
September 10, 2008, 03:18 AM
I usually run a nylon brush on a Dewey coated rod. The only time I use bronze brushes in a rifle is if the bore is really really really dirty.

tantrix
September 10, 2008, 06:52 AM
Bronze for the bore, steel for the chamber, nylon for the inside of receivers, bolts, magwells, etc.

U.S.SFC_RET
September 10, 2008, 07:23 AM
Bronze when I clean the bore. Nylon when I am using a copper solvent in the bore.

ZeSpectre
September 10, 2008, 07:40 AM
I use bronze bore brushes but am becoming fond of the nylon ones as I always seem to forget to clean the solvent off my brushes and they get eaten up kinda fast.

I have a few nylon "toothbrush" like brushes for the rest of the gun (chamber and so forth).

I also found a set of nylon "scrapers" recently (Outers I think was the brand). A sort of plastic dental pick set. They work nicely though I wish the tips were just a bit stiffer than they are. Still they work well for getting crud out from behind extractors.

moooose102
September 10, 2008, 08:07 AM
i voteted for a bronze, but in reality, i use both. but, i have not used the extra heavy nylons enough to form an honest opinion of them yet.

Sgt.Dusk
September 10, 2008, 08:11 AM
I use both, but voted nylon because I dont use brass brush unless the bore is leaded or otherwise very dirty

A man with a gun!
September 10, 2008, 08:53 AM
Nylon on the Parkerized guns, bronze on everything else.

Walkalong
September 10, 2008, 09:09 AM
Bronze. Tried Nylon brushes, but they just don't get it in a dirty bore. Patches will work for anything else.

USSR
September 10, 2008, 11:05 AM
My rifles have never seen a brush. I use a jag with an Ed's Red soaked patch for powder fouling, followed by Montana Extreme's .50BMG copper solvent.

Don

Toten Kopf
September 10, 2008, 01:00 PM
I use the nylon brushes to "wet" the bore, then go to the bronze to finish up.

stubbicatt
September 10, 2008, 10:03 PM
Nylon for introducing copper solvents, bronze for the bore, either copper, nylon, or steel "GI toothbrushes" for other bits and pieces.

Auburn1992
September 10, 2008, 11:21 PM
I'll use a bronze bore brush for the barrel and a nylon for the insides of the receiver.

Z-Michigan
September 11, 2008, 12:12 AM
Bronze, mostly because that's what all my cleaning kits came with. I only use any brush if I have to - I run patches first, and if wet patches will clean it up, I don't use a brush.

glockman19
September 11, 2008, 12:15 AM
I use a Bronze Brush a majority of the time. But I also ue all the others somewher in my cleaning regimin for one of my firearms.
Depends what I'm cleaning...there are uses for nylon, bronze, brass, and copper.
I agree.

jhansman
September 11, 2008, 01:36 AM
With a good solvent, a nylon brush will get out all metals and residue. I stopped using bronze years ago.

hoghunting
September 11, 2008, 02:06 AM
I use Wipe-Out foam cleaner. I spray it in the barrel, let it sit, and patch it out using a jag. Except for cleaning lead, I haven't used a brush in a rifle barrel in the last 3 years.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nylon or bronze brush?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!