Rem. 870 synthetic deer gun

PDA

abrink
September 10, 2008, 07:19 AM
Well I've been looking at this gun online for a while now and I've decided I want it. There's a problem. I don't know if it will fit me. None of my local dealers have it. Any suggestions? Does it feel just like any other 870 does? I really don't want to buy it not knowing if it will fit me or not. If it does feel like a regular 870 then that is great because I can easily get my hands on one of those.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem. 870 synthetic deer gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rob62
September 10, 2008, 09:12 AM
If you are looking at the 20" barrel rifle sighted model, yes it does feel like all other synthetic stocked 870's.

However keep in mind that with this short of a barrel, the balance will be off if comparing to a longer barrelled gun. It will balance/swing differently from a 28" vent rib barrel model.

If comparing to a wood stocked longer barrel gun the balance and muzzle swing will seem even more pronounced.

HTH,

Rob

Virginian
September 10, 2008, 11:37 AM
The stock size is the same. You'll have to judge on the balance, but since you should be aiming a slug gun and not just pointing, you should be good to go I would think.

Speedo66
September 10, 2008, 01:06 PM
Why would you want to shoot synthetic deer? :rolleyes:

Funderb
September 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
I hear that the synthetic deer dont taste nearly as good as the organic deer.

Virginian
September 10, 2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah, but you can shoot a lot more of them, legally!

abrink
September 10, 2008, 05:18 PM
Haha. Defiantly didn't think of that before i asked the question. Thanks for the laughs and the actual answers.

Rmart30
September 10, 2008, 05:48 PM
yes, ive got one, syn stock and rifled barrel.. Identical to the wood stock versions for size. I like mine, it has held up very well .

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem. 870 synthetic deer gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!