Anyone here know Norinco M14S ?

PDA

Shung
September 10, 2008, 10:13 AM
Hi there.

I was hoping that some canadians could tell me more about Norinco's m14's !

Since the Springfield M14 is nearly impossible to find here in Switzerland (or at huge prices), I was thinking of importing some Chinese clone from Canada, were they are quite cheap.

I know this is not the real deal, but chinese prooved from many years that they know how to produce quality guns (I had a 1911 Norinco once).

Any good things/bad things to know about that rfile ?

I am not sure if that product can be found in the USA, so excuse me if only canadian can express an opinion about it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone here know Norinco M14S ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
H2O MAN
September 10, 2008, 10:20 AM
I have a few Norinco and Poly Tech M14s.
IMHO, the Chinese M14s are the best value available.

TexasRifleman
September 10, 2008, 10:24 AM
Any good things/bad things to know about that rfile ?

They are pretty much the best receivers available outside of finding the "real thing".

They are here in the US too, highly sought after especially by people looking to build up a custom rifle.

marktx
September 10, 2008, 01:51 PM
Whats the going rate for a good one? Had a chance to buy one last weekend for $1000 and passed on it as there were other things I wanted more.

Shung
September 10, 2008, 02:00 PM
They offered me 360$ for each rifle, if I was to buy 13 of them for a group buy.

Of course, I must add to that the export/import fees + shipping fees.

El Tejon
September 10, 2008, 02:07 PM
Is that U.S. or Euros?

I snagged my last Chinese M14 at $900 (U.S.), but it included 2,500 rounds of ammo, eight magazines and several ammo cans.

I always feel more confident if a gunsmith gives my Chinese rifle the once over twice. Just my opinion.

D Boone
September 10, 2008, 02:17 PM
I have a Norinco with a low serial #... Don't know if thats good or not, but its never given me any trouble and is a pretty accurate rifle. I don't think I will ever part with it. I don't think I will ever find another one for the price I paid...

Shung
September 10, 2008, 03:00 PM
Is that U.S. or Euros?

dollars. Candian dollars I guess.

I snagged my last Chinese M14 at $900 (U.S.), but it included 2,500 rounds of ammo, eight magazines and several ammo cans.

great deal.

BruiseLeee
September 10, 2008, 07:41 PM
check out the canadian forums for more information.

aubie515
September 10, 2008, 09:13 PM
If you live in the US and own an M14S. Do yourself a favor and send it to Warbird for his USGI conversion. The M14S is a great base for a build, unless you can afford a LRB receiver.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone here know Norinco M14S ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!