trading question..

PDA

Drgong
September 10, 2008, 10:24 AM
There is a gunshow in charlotte this weekend, and I have a gun that I don't care for really (a Mosin Nagant that was bubbatized with a scope) is there any chance that I could trade the Mosin and say, $100 for a revolver at the gunshow, or should I just save the gas and not go?

If you enjoyed reading about "trading question.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
almostfree
September 10, 2008, 10:39 AM
You might could pick up a taurus or if you are lucky a six series Ruger. It depends on what you are looking for.

Drgong
September 10, 2008, 11:13 AM
A Taurus or a Rossi would be fine, Just that I never shoot that gun (and it is not collectable) and I want to get a gun that I will actually USE.

theNoid
September 10, 2008, 11:20 AM
I could be wrong, but usually folks get better prices for outright selling their stuff, when compared to a trade deal, especially with dealers and such. Might try posting it on THR for sale for a bit...

Noidster

SASS#23149
September 10, 2008, 11:56 AM
NOt likely at a gun show,they dealers there are gonna lowball the heck out of your trade in,imho.
I'd post it here on THR,I think you'll get a better deal with one of us than with a stranger at a gun show.

Ala Dan
September 10, 2008, 12:32 PM
My suggestion is to try and find a buyer for your weapon outside the
show; cuz once your inside, dealers will treat your trade weapon as
if you don't have anything~! :uhoh: :eek:

Drgong
September 10, 2008, 01:55 PM
sounds like to sell it locally though the paper or on THR.

Thanks for your imput.

Of course, if anyone wants a bubba's Mosin and is willing to give me a revolver for it, let me know :neener:

Majic
September 10, 2008, 02:03 PM
I doubt many would want the rifle.

nicholst55
September 11, 2008, 06:11 AM
With good condition refurbed Mosins available for what, $70 from places like J&G, I can't imagine that a dealer at a gun show is going to give you much of anything for your bubba-sporter. Unless you've got $1,000 worth of glass sitting on it, I think you'll be lucky to get $50 in trade value for it.

As others have said, try to sell that gun outright and take the cash you get for it to the show, along with however much more you can afford to dedicate to buying another gun. Remember the old axiom: 'cash talks!'

Drgong
September 11, 2008, 10:21 AM
Don't worry, not going to the gun show (decided to get the Model 15 out of layaway for my shooting needs.) and I will just try to sell the gun for $100 in the local paper.

Old 112
September 12, 2008, 12:45 AM
I read your later thread that you posted.
VERY SMART MOVE.

There are some people who, if they have a Smith & Wesson,
only have one in there possession.
I have not met any of these people, though.

Oh, and I have three Combat Masterpiece S&Ws.
A 5, 4, and a 3 screw.

Regards,
Old 112

Drgong
September 12, 2008, 05:01 PM
Very Prophet like Old 112, I drove by a gun store I deal with a lot, and traded in my PA-63 for a down Payment of a Model 36 to go with my Model 15.

If you enjoyed reading about "trading question.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!