PDA

john917v
September 10, 2008, 06:45 PM
I recently held an 835 in camo. It was a new gun. I loved how well-balanced it felt. It had a ported turkey-hunting-length barrel....Excuse me while I wipe my drool. Aside from the barrel, what is the difference between the 835 and the 500? It also seemed to have less play in the fore-end.

If you enjoyed reading about "835" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hoppy590
September 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
the 835 handles 3.5 inch shells. and has an over board barrel (its a 10guage barrel with a 12 gauge chamber)

rantingredneck
September 10, 2008, 08:27 PM
Yep, what he ^ said.

As the barrel is overbored from chamber to muzzle you cannot fire slugs through a standard 835 barrel. They do make dedicated slug barrels for it though.

Also the "accu-mag" chokes are bigger diameter and not compatible with the standard accu-choke.

Other than those differences they are very similar and stocks and forends are (mostly) interchangeable.

Hoppy590
September 11, 2008, 12:20 AM
Also the "accu-mag" chokes are bigger diameter and not compatible with the standard accu-choke.

this is correct.

if you need a choke tube, i have a couple left (iv been giving them away, free of charge) http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=252077 . i think i have Modified and Full left. like in the thread. il know for sure around thanksgiving

mic214
September 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
The way the barrels attach is different too. The M-500 utilizes a captive threaded bolt that screws into the end of the mag tube. The M-835 uses a barrel ring that slides over the mag tube and is secured with a threaded mag tube cap. The 590 series mounts the same way as the M-835.

The "Breacher" version of the M-500 has a barrel mounting system similar to the M-835 and the 590 series.

If you enjoyed reading about "835" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!