Problem with dirty guns...

PDA

Auburn1992
September 10, 2008, 10:22 PM
Everytime I go to my gunsafe most of my guns are always dirty. Even though I clean them after the range (till the patches come out spotless), the guns always seem to have some brown 'dirt' on them. I also have a dehumidfier in the room as well as a desicant can in the safe so I don't think it could be the moisture getting to them. The only ones that seem to be getting dirty are my Mosin, XR-100, and Savage .22lr. These finishes aren't the shiny blueing but more of a matte color.

Will putting them in gun socks help?

Thanks,

War Eagle

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with dirty guns..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rangerruck
September 11, 2008, 01:41 AM
yes, i would also get some vci vapor discs, and put inside the safe, it also sounds like you may be getting dust in there?

TeamPrecisionIT
September 11, 2008, 06:17 AM
Isn't the brown 'dirt' usually old grease?

Damian

Auburn1992
September 11, 2008, 06:40 AM
Hmm. It actually may be; becuase once I first bought the rifle it was very 'dirty' from Sportsmans and I am pretty sure it wasn't rust...

It could be old grease then.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with dirty guns..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!