winchester 375

PDA

birdshot8's
September 10, 2008, 10:54 PM
i saw a winchester 94 in 375 posted on bulletin board at work. guy is asking 300 dollars. is there any collecters value for this rifle? i have not called so i have no further information, other than his claim the rifle is in great shape.

If you enjoyed reading about "winchester 375" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jeff F
September 11, 2008, 07:20 AM
That would be the big bore 94. I think all the 94's have some collector value since they don't make them anymore. I used to have one of the .375's, It was accurate and powerful.

Cosmoline
September 11, 2008, 07:44 AM
They were made starting right before the switch to USRAC and went through some model changes. None are very old, of course. $300 sounds like a steal.

Ben Shepherd
September 11, 2008, 10:49 AM
300 IS a steal for that. At least around here. But it is a caliber that almost mandates handloading. Very powerful round for a lever action. Up there with a 444 marlin, in fact it's a little flatter shooting. The only common factory chambering in a lever action that has decidedly more thump is a 45-70.

If you enjoyed reading about "winchester 375" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!