What are you?

PDA

STEVE M
September 7, 2003, 05:37 PM
Just curious what you consider yourself to be? a handgunner, a rifleman,

or a shotgunner? Me I shoot all, but am really ahandgunner at heart.

If you enjoyed reading about "What are you?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ACP230
September 7, 2003, 05:42 PM
I shoot more handguns and rifles than shotguns, but generally I like anything that goes BANG!

BryanP
September 7, 2003, 05:47 PM
Well, since I currently own 5 handguns, 1 rifle and 1 shotgun I'd have to say I'm mostly a handgunner. I about handgunned out - I can't see myself buying anymore except for a specific purpose such as a Kel Tec or Kahr for CCW.

Next up on the acquisitions list are more rifles.

Jason Demond
September 7, 2003, 05:59 PM
While I do a little of everything, I consider myself a Handgunner most of all. I like my pistols full cap, and my rifles black.

TNT
September 7, 2003, 06:29 PM
Rifle fan here.:) I use handguns very little.:(

C.R.Sam
September 7, 2003, 06:32 PM
Need all of the above choice.

Sam

Jeff Timm
September 7, 2003, 06:35 PM
Ancient words of wisdom.

Pistoleros are always poor.
Shotgunners are always rich.

Riflemen are lazy, they shoot laying down.

Geoff
Who listened to his elders, unfortunately...:rolleyes:

Lexter
September 7, 2003, 06:41 PM
I consider myself to be a handgunner. I almost (recently) broke down and got an Ar-15 though. I ended up backing out and purchasing some home audio eqpt. Does that make me an audiophile with a handgun problem?

Lexter in NC
:confused:

4v50 Gary
September 7, 2003, 06:55 PM
Rifleman first. But I tend to put more bullets through handguns.

Edward429451
September 7, 2003, 06:57 PM
Well, how bout..student of all, master of none? What would that be, General Gunman?:D No choice for that so couldn't vote.

In terms of priority of arms, I would think that Rifleman is the biggest priority since its the most versatile. Handgunner next for emergency purposes, with shotgunner being last since its the least versatile arm even if it is extreemly effective in its narrow niche'. (flame suit on!)

Best to be versed in all three types, but beware the man who only owns one gun.

I almost (recently) broke down and got an Ar-15 though. I ended up backing out and purchasing some home audio eqpt. Does that make me an audiophile with a handgun problem?

No, that means you merely had a momentary lapse of reason. Report back soon that you've aquired your AR...:D

PUMC_TomG
September 7, 2003, 06:59 PM
Well, I'm much better with longarms than with my handgunning.... however I'm gonna say I'm a handgunner who is just REALLY good with a rifle.

techmike
September 7, 2003, 07:46 PM
I shoot pistols much more than anything. I just seem to enjoy them more. I have a number of rifles and usually take one to the range each trip just to keep "in practice". As far as skill Goes I rank it like so...

Pistol/Revolver - SLightly Above Avg.

Rifle - Competant but You won't see me winning any competitions

Shotgun - A joke...a total and complete joke. :uhoh:

Jake
September 7, 2003, 07:49 PM
Mostly handguns here but slowly starting to lean towards rifles as time and money permit.

Hkmp5sd
September 7, 2003, 07:56 PM
I like shooting rifles the most. I actually shoot handguns more often. I'm working on improving my shotgun skills.

Brian Dale
September 7, 2003, 08:12 PM
I'm currently fascinated by EBRifles, C&R rifles and revolvers, wait - 1911s too, and then there's...

but I've spent by far the most time in the field with a shotgun in my hands. I'm still always thinking when I'm shooting rifles or handguns; a shotgun just flows to my shoulder and follows the bird. It's natural, like drinking a glass of water.

I can't wait 'til Jeff Timm's statement comes true for me! :p

And Edward, Edward, Edward! Least versatile? :eek: :confused:
I don't see it that way. Jacques' son has the gout, I suppose. Fortunately, we can have 'em ALL. :D
{edited to add: and please understand that I'm just telling you my view; I always seem to get along with other Heinlein fans}

PlayTheAces
September 7, 2003, 08:33 PM
Handgunner with a strong interest in rifles. At the moment, don't even have a shotgun, though sooner or later another's bound to follow me home.

Hypnogator
September 7, 2003, 08:52 PM
Mostly a handgunner nowdays (I teach judgmental shooting and gunfighting tactics to law enforcement agencies), but I used to shoot a LOT of trap, and have hunted with rifles and shotguns since I was a kid.

If you can hold it and it shoots, I've probably shot it. :D

10-Ring
September 7, 2003, 09:07 PM
Although I enjoy all kinds of shooting, I own mostly handguns & get most of kicks & grins from shooting handguns :D

Ian Sean
September 7, 2003, 09:13 PM
Currently my rifles hold sway over me so I voted for that.

Does anyone else go back and forth like I do rifles to pistols? I never have been into shotguns much though.

Mil Novecientos Once
September 7, 2003, 09:24 PM
I'm handgunner because the chairman of the new acquisitions committee (a.k.a. wife) do not want rifles and shotguns in the house.

Schuey2002
September 7, 2003, 09:41 PM
I'm more of a rifle fanatic than a true "rifleman" ..:o

Dionysusigma
September 7, 2003, 09:48 PM
"Too young" for handguns, and haven't bought a shotgun yet.:rolleyes:

Rifleman for me...

Lennyjoe
September 7, 2003, 09:50 PM
Anything that has to do with gunpowder.

And arrows, and golf balls, and ..............................

Majic
September 7, 2003, 09:57 PM
Major in rifleman, minor in handgunning.

Telperion
September 7, 2003, 10:04 PM
I like shooting rifles more, but my state won't let me own any of the fun ones.

Ala Dan
September 7, 2003, 10:05 PM
Handgunner, by far!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

J Miller
September 7, 2003, 10:07 PM
I shoot hand guns more than rifles, and even then I prefer handgun caliber rifles.
I rarely shoot shot guns, and currently don't own one.

Edward429451
September 7, 2003, 10:31 PM
And Edward, Edward, Edward! Least versatile?

:D <Ahem>

Weeelll, you know, what can a shotgun do better than a rifle besides, a) inside home security b) removing doors from hinges and c) birds on the wing / couple extra rabbits than a guy with a rifle? Anything else and a rifle'd do just as good plus have the extra reach, ammo, & penetration. Dont get me wrong, I like SG's, keep one by my bed. If I have to step out of the house though give me a rifle!

I aint giving up my SG but it may get left behind in favor of a rifle if it came down to it. But thats another thread.

TimH
September 7, 2003, 10:38 PM
None of the above! Just a persom interested in firearms. And concerned about our Second Amendment Rights

PawDaddy
September 7, 2003, 10:40 PM
I guess that I've always liked handguns the best. But, I deer hunt, so I use a rifle. I don't use a shotgun much anymore because I only hunt deer now.

But, I remember when I was a teenager and I couldn't carry a handgun. I owned two, but the stayed at home unless my dad was with me.

My friends and I all had .22 rifles and we shot the alot! Sometimes we would squirrel hunt, but mostly just go to a creek or pond and shoot turtles, cans, bottles, and such. Those days were really good.

Now, I have several more guns than I did then, but I really don't have the time or money to shoot them that often.

P95Carry
September 7, 2003, 10:55 PM
Whole deal!! Probably - handguns 70%, Rifles 20% and 10% shotgunning .....

Mind you ...... on a range outing ... an awful lot of ''things'' get ''excercised'' ....... :D

cool45auto
September 7, 2003, 11:47 PM
Handgunner but getting more into old rifles.

NIGHTWATCH
September 8, 2003, 04:26 AM
http://forums.allaboutguns.com/albums/nightwatch/870mm_mult.sized.jpg

Shotgunner all the way. :D

seeker_two
September 8, 2003, 06:10 AM
Currently a handgunner, but I'm making the effort to improve my (pitiful) rifle and shotgun skills...

Anyone know a good training regiement that one can follow on their own to improve in both areas? :confused:

stevelyn
September 8, 2003, 07:14 AM
Voted 'handgunner' because that's what I spend most of my time with due to job requirements. Also spend a lot of time on shotguns for the same reason. Prefer rifles though, chambered for standard cartridges. No belts for me thanks.
I also consider myself to be a decent archer and can fling an arrow pretty much where I want it with modern and traditional archery equipment.

CZ-100
September 8, 2003, 07:18 AM
When I go to the range I uselly shoot both, I own more handguns than rifles. So I anwsered Handgunner

New_comer
September 8, 2003, 07:50 AM
Handgunner most of the time. :D

As a shotgunner, not as much as I would have liked. Gotta spend more time with my Rem870... ;)

TonyB
September 8, 2003, 09:18 AM
As a kid I was a shotgunner(although I was on the rifle team in high school:which tells you how long ago it was)
Now I shoot handguns 99% of the time,w/ 1% going to my 10/22........Only have 1 shotgun now....an old single shot 16 ga....:cool:
Fro some reason I think handguns are more fun.

Flashpoint
September 8, 2003, 11:56 AM
Jack of all trades, master of none.

HSMITH
September 8, 2003, 12:08 PM
I am a solid shotgunner with good rifle and pistol skills. Practice them all.

JDSlack
September 8, 2003, 12:56 PM
Well, I've been shooting for about 40 years, but I have to classify myself as "becoming a handgunner". I'm never as good as I want to be and learn something every time I go to the range.

OEF_VET
September 8, 2003, 01:03 PM
I've primarily been into handguns for quite awhile, but now I'm leaning towards spending more time (and money) with my rifles. I do spend a little bonding time with my scatterguns whenever I visit the range, but not what you'd call a lot.

keyhole
September 8, 2003, 01:16 PM
I play with all, but mostly the pistols. Rifles next, and lastly, shotguns. But since our rifle range was re-done, been getting more into rifles. Lovbe my black rifle, spreads fear into anti's hearts.:evil: Can't recall the last time I saw a drive-by bayonetting...............

DorGunR
September 8, 2003, 01:19 PM
C.R.Sam posted:
"Need all of the above choice."

I agree with Sam.......I also shoot all three. ;)

Correia
September 8, 2003, 01:47 PM
3 Gunner.

longtom4570
September 8, 2003, 02:51 PM
Rifleman no doubt:D 500yd no problem:evil:

Any one looking to improve their rifle skills look to Freds m14 site, it has info on shooting rifles of any sort, he also sells the Army aqt targets.:cool:

Gus Dddysgrl
September 8, 2003, 02:58 PM
I shoot mostly my daddy's handguns cause he has a lot of them, but I like shooting evil black rifles. ;) :D

I do like shooting a lot of different handguns so that's what I think I am.

Gus

T.Stahl
September 8, 2003, 04:22 PM
During my time in the army I was much better with rifles than with pistols.
Years later I picked up shooting again and shot mainly handguns to improve my pistol shooting.
Now I'm better with pistols, but I still value the rifle higher than all other firearms.

Skunkabilly
September 8, 2003, 06:35 PM
Handgunperson.

JeepDriver
September 8, 2003, 08:24 PM
Hand gunner.

They are the only thing I can shoot on a regular basis.

I only get to shoot the rifles a few times a year :mad:

MessedUpMike
September 8, 2003, 09:08 PM
I shoot more handgun than rifle due to range locations, but the learning curve works way better for me with the rifle. I guess since I learned to shoot from an old Marine (Dad) that makes me a rifleman by default.

denfoote
September 9, 2003, 08:39 AM
I have three rifles, no shotguns and abunch of handguns!! :D

David4516
September 10, 2003, 04:40 PM
I like 'em all. But I am much better with rilfes than with anything else. I need to work on my handguning skills, right now I can't hit what I aim at half the time.

Shotguning is probably the most "fun" if you ask me. Gotta love shooting those clay targets. I don't see why they say shotgun shooters are "rich" considering that it is the cheapest of the 3 to get into:

Reminton 870 $250
Box of Clay targets $3.50
3 boxes of shells $10.00
Target thrower $50.00

Thats all ya need for a days worth of shotguning, and all total it is still cheaper than buying, say, a Glock...

kenehsr
September 10, 2003, 05:34 PM
:) :) :) :)
I just like guns!!!!
:D :D :D :D

Country Boy
September 10, 2003, 05:48 PM
As of recent years, I practice most often with a defensive handgun, but I am a rifleman at heart.

12GA
September 10, 2003, 09:15 PM
guess! :D

powderific
September 10, 2003, 09:54 PM
I have 2 rifles and 2 pistols, but only 1 shotgun. Nonetheless, i consider myself a shotgunner, because I have spent FAR more time shooting that shotgun, and am a MUCH better shot with it than i am with my pistols and rifles.

DWS1117
September 11, 2003, 12:45 AM
While the BOOM of a shotgun, the accuracy of a good rifle, and the almost orgasmic thrill of full auto weapons is wonderful fun, nothing beats a handgun for my money. I get a rush each time I draw that gun from the holster, see the target in the sights, squeeze the trigger and see that nice hole in the X-ring.

I even like it when I miss.

Spieler
September 11, 2003, 12:48 AM
I have always considered myself a rifleman at heart but circumstances of late have more or less forced me to turn more and more to my handguns for my shooting fun. Soooooooo......I guess I'm more of a handgunner now than anything.

sm
September 11, 2003, 01:55 AM
CWG
;)

Johnny Guest
September 17, 2003, 03:04 PM
I carry handguns anytime I'm out of the house, and sometimes at home, too. I guess if you were forced to categorize me, I'd be primarily a handgunner.

BUT - - -
I deer hunt when I can, and have a rifle in the car, probably 95% of the time.
I do a bit of bird hunting and shoot "tactical" shotgun matches several times a year.
I'm back to shooting submachine guns fairly often.

I really just like 'em all. :D

Best,
Johnny

jdege
September 17, 2003, 03:21 PM
A pistoleer?

A shootist?

Or a shotist?

RustyHammer
September 17, 2003, 03:43 PM
... ALL OF THE ABOVE ....

Ex-Doc
September 18, 2003, 02:52 AM
What are you?

A meat popsicle....

ojibweindian
September 18, 2003, 10:27 AM
Rifleman. I do have a handgun and a shotgun, but I spend most of my time with my rifles.

dog3
September 18, 2003, 11:55 AM
A grenadier.

I love grenades! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "What are you?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!