Barnes Shooters Share Your Stories Please

PDA

Quigley
September 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
In December 2007 I made the change from a shotgun shooting a slug to a 45/70 T/C Encore handgun. My choice of bullet was the Barnes Triple Shock HP 250 grain .458 caliber do to the successes I have had with the pure copper projectiles in the Remington Coppers Solids I had been using for deer in my shotgun. What happened was simply amazing I shot 5 deer at ranges from 50 yards to 130 and every single one of them went down and stayed down with one shot. The energy unleashed on these deer was simply amazing! I recovered a spent projectile after a sight in session after it had impacted a 3/4" steel gong, it completely flatend out to a bit over 1.250" in diameter and retained 247 of its origional 250 grain weight. If you have a Barnes story to share please do so.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes Shooters Share Your Stories Please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dakotasin
September 11, 2008, 05:30 PM
i tried them for a couple years on whitetails, mulies, and antelope. in every case the critter died with one shot. in not one instance did i get a drop at the shot. every bullet exited. seems about like sierra gamekings and hornady interlocks in performance, but at 4x the price - and i haven't gotten any drop-at-the-shot kills that i hornady and sierras got me accustomed to.

bottom line for me... they are ok, but not preferred.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes Shooters Share Your Stories Please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!