Springfield Armory, 1911-A1, .45ACP

PDA

HANDLOADER
September 11, 2008, 08:11 PM
Today was the day it happened for the 1911. Went down to the shop and there she was a stainliss steal Springfield Armory, 1911-A1, .45ACP. The price tag had $545.00 plus tax. Great condition. I like the way it looks and feels. But before I throw down $600.00 I would like to know if any one else has had any major problems. Are they accurate, do they feed well with SWC and RN. And more important is this a good price for a 1911. If you know anything about this model of firearm please post.

GOD BLESS

Handloader

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Armory, 1911-A1, .45ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kcshooter
September 11, 2008, 08:19 PM
Is this the GI model or the MilSpec, or possibly a used loaded model? I prefer a MilSpec for the lowered port and sights, but either one will be just fine. I got my MilSpec as a training gun for 1911 newbies and didn't change much on it. I did a minor trigger job (personal preference) and had to tweak the extractor for a FTRB issue, and I always replace the mainspringhousing with a non-lock style but mine has been great, no issues at all once the extractor was tweaked.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Armory, 1911-A1, .45ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!