cowboy action dies?

PDA

Speedo66
September 11, 2008, 09:14 PM
I've seen an ad for rcbs "cowboy action" dies.

Just curious if anybody here has used them? If so, what are the advantages?

Are they worth 2x the price of Lee?

If you enjoyed reading about "cowboy action dies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Larry E
September 11, 2008, 09:19 PM
I don't know the price difference between RCBS's Cowboy Action dies and their standard dies but aside from the Cowboy Action dies being blued I doubt there's a lot of difference internally - where it matters. I'm not a big fan of Lee dies, but if they work for you I sure wouldn't pay twice as much for cosmetics.

Speedo66
September 11, 2008, 11:01 PM
Their advertising talks about different dimensions in the dies to optimize sizing, crimps, etc. for loading lead bullets.

Just copy or reality? That's what I'm interested to find out.

ReloaderFred
September 12, 2008, 12:04 AM
Most cowboy action loads use RNFP bullets, so I would assume the seating plug would be shaped to match that configuration, though I've never actually checked to see.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Sylvan-Forge
September 12, 2008, 01:26 AM
Just having the finish makes 'em worthwhile to me, plus they work nice as you'd expect from RCBS.

I get real tired of getting rust off dies and related tools. Especially those that get an extensive burst of use, then put up for a time.

Which reminds me, .. it's time to send off the wilson trimmer for bluing or something.. rust-a-thon .. :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "cowboy action dies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!