Large number of "New Posts"

PDA

NavajoNPaleFace
September 12, 2008, 03:40 AM
When I log on to 'New Posts' (sometimes a few days in between) I get a large number of new posts.

For example, today there were 51 dog gone PAGES of them. :mad:

In order for the number of new posts/pages to be eliminated I have to click on every page which is often, honestly, a pain in the butt.

I am getting exasperated at having to click on each post...otherwise the large number is there when I come back later.

Surely, there a simple way of eliminating the posts without 'visiting' each one. Can someone please explain to me how to do it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Large number of "New Posts"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
September 12, 2008, 11:22 AM
There's two simple solutions:

1) Don't click on "New Posts"! If you don't want to see the new posts, why ask for them?

No, I'm not being sarcastic. I don't think I've used that feature in a few years except to test it. I have the same problem you have, there's too many new posts and a large portion are in forums I have little need to review. I simply open the forums of interest and the threads with new posts are indicated by being bolded.

2) The second solution is to Log Out and then log back in. This is probably the answer you're looking for. As soon as you log out, all new post indicators are reset.

j_slagle
September 12, 2008, 11:28 AM
You an also go to the "Quick Links" menu and select "Mark forums read"

Jim

Mal H
September 12, 2008, 11:49 AM
True, and a very good point. (That button is also available at the bottom of the forums listing.)

That reminds me that there is a little known feature that allows marking individual forums as "read" instead of the entire set of forums. On the forum index page, if you double-click on the bulletin board icon next to a forums name when it is in the new-posts color (reddish), it will turn to the blue "all posts read" state.

NavajoNPaleFace
September 12, 2008, 04:54 PM
Some great points.....thanks for the replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Large number of "New Posts"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!