Favorite Pistol by Kahr?

PDA

GunLvrNLearner
September 12, 2008, 03:24 PM
I hear a lot of bad about Kahr, but i've rented the CW9 at the range and never had a problem,i love the feel and size of the Kahrs

What is the best or your favorite Kahr pistol?What caliber too?

If you enjoyed reading about "Favorite Pistol by Kahr?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
flashman70
September 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
I settled on the P9. The PM9 was a little too big for me to use as a pocket gun, therefore I figured I might as well go with the gun that I can get all of my fingers on. Jodie Foster recommends the K9.

NavajoNPaleFace
September 12, 2008, 03:44 PM
I carry, and enjoy, the PM40.

jocko
September 12, 2008, 03:54 PM
My 14,600 flawless rounds PM9 rides in my front pocket 24/7. Have no problems ever carrying it in jeans. Rides in a nice leather holster made by hidden holsters.com. The cw series kahrs are their best seller by far due to price but yet still top qualiyt but without all the bells and whistles that the PM series kahrs carry. One can obtain a cw9 for alittle over $325 if he looks around enough. They are really nice handguns IMO. I have a K9 kahr with 3500 rounds through it and it is my nite stand gun and range use gun. Great shooter to. I shoot it better than my PM9, but to me just to heavy for pocket carry. If you are going to carry IWB or OWB, then those k series kahrs are awsome handguns if you want all stainless steel...

usp9
September 12, 2008, 04:42 PM
My favorite has to be the T9, the biggest of the line. Very easy and soft shooting. Still a good size for a CCW, almost identical in size to a HK P7.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/KahrT9.jpg

Here's a comparison pic.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/three9mm.jpg

nd1979
September 12, 2008, 05:03 PM
I purchased a MK9 last year for $579 At the Houston gun show. I have been really impressed with the trigger and accuracy. I've put about 1k rounds so far. I added CT laser grips and really enjoy the quick target acquisition. I have a Mika pocket holster and it does seem heavy after a while. However, most of the time I carry it with a IWB (supertuck) and you don't even know it's there. I wanted to go stainless instead of the PM9 because of the reliability issues that I have read about. I am just not the kinda guy that likes to send things back, warranty or no warranty. One upgrade that I did buy is a wolf metal guide rod, which I will replace the original plastic one soon.

bltmonty
September 12, 2008, 06:32 PM
I really like the Kahrs--I own three: P45, MK40, and P40. The p45 has a much longer trigger pull, so long that I cannot shoot it accurately. The MK40 and P40 are excellent handguns. The P40 is my roadbike gun--light and powerfull, and the MK40 is my pocket carry.

I am going to sell the P45 because its trigger pull must be 50% longer than the Kahr 40s.

jocko
September 12, 2008, 07:08 PM
all kahrs today made are the same length trigger pull 1/2" pull length. The NY trigger on the k series was 5/8 long. other than that they are all exactly the same. very strange, to me anyhow..

nate.45
September 12, 2008, 07:15 PM
Since the only Kahr I have, or have ever owned is a PM9, that must be it.

It has been a good pistol so far no malfunctions and plenty accurate enough for SD.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii296/nate45auto/100_0477.jpg

pogo2
September 12, 2008, 09:04 PM
I've had a Kahr MK9 for a year and am very impressed with the quality and reliability of the gun. It has a wonderful trigger and is quite accurate. I carry it in a Comp-Tac 2 o'clock IWB holster.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/pogo2/KahrMK950.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/pogo2/KahrMK953.jpg

Lou22
September 12, 2008, 09:54 PM
I own both and find both easy to shoot and reliable. Both have the best DAO triggers I've tried. The PM9 was good to go after break-in, the PM45 needed a trip back to Kahr to make it 100%. The PM9 is almost perfect for me for pocket carry, the PM45 being a little bigger and a bit large for some pockets. Also the PM45 is somewhat harder to hold onto, especially with the +P loads I tried at the range for self-defense.

I recommend the PM9 whole-heartedly, the PM45 a bit less so because of the return to Kahr.

Lou

The Lone Haranguer
September 12, 2008, 10:17 PM
The K9 (my older E9 is its functional equivalent) for belt carry, PM9 for pocket.

KarlG
September 12, 2008, 10:43 PM
I have an E9 and an MK9 Elite. They are both wonderful. I prefer the trigger on the MK9 Elite (it is a shorter, smoother pull than the E9). I prefer the longer grip and barrel of the E9. I carry the MK9. becasue it conceals better.

I should note that I have had a problem with each of them. The MK9 slide cracked on the muzzle end. I noticed a hairline crack between the hole for the barrel and the hole for the guide rod. Sent it back to Kahr and they replaced the slide for no charge even though I explained that I was not the original owner. The slide stop broke on the E9 - easy fix, $25 part.

Rob1035
September 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
I like my CW9. I hope I really like it after I shoot it :p

edit- if I could ever find a T9 for a good price, I'd be all over it...

Happyglock
September 12, 2008, 10:54 PM
my wife and i both kahr i cary th cw9 she caries the k9
both are flawless in operation

Dan-O
September 13, 2008, 12:14 AM
My pm45 even though I don't carry it all the time.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/dantruesdale/100_2613.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/dantruesdale/100_2614.jpg

And here are the triplets. Kahr pm9, pm45, and cw40.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/dantruesdale/100_2631.jpg

greenjeans
September 13, 2008, 04:41 PM
I have a CW9 and a CW45. Love them both. The .45 seems to be a little more accurate.

denfoote
September 13, 2008, 05:59 PM
It happens to be my favorite.

Sure, I've had the chance to buy the plastic versions, but why???

I have no reason to change!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/denfoote/MK9.jpg

BTW, it happens to be an older than dirt MK9 Elite 98.

larry starling
September 13, 2008, 06:58 PM
Add my vote to the T-9 crowd. I can't stand plastic pistols. So that pretty much eliminates half of the Kahr lineup for me......:barf:

un_lucky
September 13, 2008, 07:18 PM
My vote is for the K-9 (is that the original Kahr) It shoots like a much bigger gun than it really is. I did not like the 40's that ive tried.

GunNut
September 13, 2008, 07:44 PM
Nicest shooting Kahr I ever had was a K9 Elite 98.

Best deep concealment rig has to be the PM9, plus the gun has been accurate and reliable.

possum
September 13, 2008, 07:52 PM
my favorite kahr pistols are the steel framed models, and since i am such a .40 fan i have a k-40. i woudln't hesitate to get a k-9 eliete though they are sweet.

steak-knife
September 13, 2008, 08:03 PM
My one and only Kahr is the MK40 Elite '03, with factory checkered wood grips, stainless slide return guide-rod, custom hex grip screws (cut from a set for a 1911), and night sights.

I elected to use the flush fitting mags w/o a finger rest, instead of the +1 mags to keep the package as small as possible.

Never had a problem, other than one bad magazine that did not lock the slide back on the last shot, which was later fixed by replacing the follower.

Not to start a 9mm vs. .40 war, but I noticed that the other posters favor the 9mm versions. In truth, the .40 is a bit snappy, but is more than managable, plus I prefer the bigger whalop that the .40 produces down range.

bltmonty
September 13, 2008, 08:15 PM
well, I checked the trigger pull on my kahrs. The p45 is about 3/4 inch; the others or 1/2. My wife's cw45 also had about a 3/4 inch pull. I don't know what they are saying on their website, but the 45s definitely have a longer pull.

JBP55
September 13, 2008, 08:39 PM
I like my CW9, totally reliable and accurate.

Otis
September 15, 2008, 11:02 PM
It appears that I am among the only ones that has not been satisfied with Kahr. Early this year I purchased a CW40 but sold it a few months ago. One problem I had right off the bat was that I was unable to eject a live round that was in the chamber. I contacted Kahr and they told me to wait for the break in period and then maybe another hundred rounds or so. Did all that and still a problem. On good thing I have to say about Kahr is their customer service. I contacted them again and they paid overnight shipping to and from. Got it back in about a week worked well after that. I just lost interest and it kicked like a mule anyway so I parted with it.

Short story I had a bad experience that probably would have turned out if I kept it but I just wasn’t that fond of it. As far as quality I would say mediocre at best. Just my very humble opinion.
Otis

Randyc74
September 15, 2008, 11:52 PM
I have a PM45. I put around 600 rounds through it. 100%
reliable so far. I pocket carry as a back up to my Glock 23.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo235/Randyc74/100_1448.jpg

jocko
September 16, 2008, 06:47 AM
I will give any gun that I like one trip back to get right and then after that I will peddle it. Don't care what brand it is. That being said. I owned 3 kt's and really wanted to love them but after sending them back 17 timnes , I finally got smart ( I know took awhile though). I owned a Para Carry 9 that was the most accurate handgun I have ever owned. the best LDA trigger system in the world, but after 3 times back, I peddled it ( I know , but I am getting better at the amount of trips back). I own a G19 and it has been perfect. I own two kahrs, one PM9 with 14,600 flawless rounds through it and one K9 with 3500 rounds through it. Neither have ever given one issue, NOT ONE. My Smith M& P9 is perfect.. when you get a good one, best stay with it, for all brands give issues. Most good ones don't but we also know that they do. So for anyone to come on gun forums and hammer a product, it is just going to happen. We have all read on gun forums from certain posters who hammer a product and hell never even owned it but was just repeating what he read somewhere else. So IMO take this internet stuff with a grain of salt, read all you can, form your own opinion, go out and buy the product, if it doesn't work and you really like it ,,,, give it one chance to make you happy, and after that, move on. 50% of all marriages don't work out All of my guns have a higher rate of reliability than that even..:neener:

jocko
September 16, 2008, 06:49 AM
not much back up need with that kind of pocket firepower:neener::neener: I have a poster on another forum who truly loves his PM45 and has never had one issue. I guess I will have to stay wity my junky PM9 with 14,600 flawless rounds through it:neener::neener:

rhtwist
September 16, 2008, 07:10 AM
Had a MK40 Elite. Had to send to factory for repair. They polished up and worked on the mag release which was dropping mags. Suprisingly not that much of a hand full in recoil. Main problem was that the slide bottom edges like to cut slots in the web of my hand. Also told by factory that that model had problems chambering S&B, which it did. Sold it for something I wanted more. Take another or maybe a MK9 elite.
rhtwist

SHOOT1SAM
September 16, 2008, 07:11 AM
The no longer produced PK-40 Covert.

Sam

Rob1035
September 16, 2008, 11:34 PM
I put 225 rds through my brand new CW9 this afternoon, and its a great shooter. I only had 2 bobbles (FTRTB), but one was due to a mishapend round of blazer, the other required a slight tap on the the slide, and the rest of the mag when off fine. The gun is very accurate, the trigger pull is long but smoooooth, and it points very naturally.

Boy did my M&P9 feel like a pellet gun after 200rds with the CW9; but I'm still shopping for my next Kahr: MK9? T9?:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Favorite Pistol by Kahr?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!