ammunition storage

PDA

lordgroom
September 12, 2008, 08:47 PM
Are there any downsides to storing loaded ammunition in a large coffee can? I have military ammunition cans but was wondering if there was any downside to coffee can storage?

If you enjoyed reading about "ammunition storage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scrat
September 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
Nope i do it all the time. I like the gallon sized maxwell house containers. They have that handle which makes it easier to hold.

rcmodel
September 13, 2008, 12:15 PM
any downside to coffee can storage?Only if your house catches on fire.

In that case, steel GI ammo cans will contain all the shrapnel & flying primers.

It could make the difference between the firefighters putting out the fire, or standing by and watching it burn.

rcmodel

Soybomb
September 14, 2008, 02:30 PM
Personally I use peanut butter and spaghetti sauce jars but I suppose a coffee can might be ok ;)

Funderb
September 14, 2008, 02:36 PM
Really good smelling ammo?

lordgroom
September 14, 2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks. I reconfigured my GI cans and it is ok for now. I appreciate all of your replies and as a former firefighter, I also appreciate the advice about protecting others if catastrophe strikes.

freakshow10mm
September 14, 2008, 10:59 PM
Go for it. I store ammo in 5 gallon buckets.

If you enjoyed reading about "ammunition storage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!