Moving to a rented condo and I have a C&R FFL

PDA

dustindu4
September 7, 2003, 10:12 PM
Form 5300.38 tells me I have to list my landlord because the place is rented. I have no wish to inform my landlord of the many guns I own, including NFA. What's worse is the landlord lives in Boston and I know it won't fly.

I never bought any C&R guns so basically I want to have the ATF void my FFL and get rid of it. Anybody know how I do that?

If you enjoyed reading about "Moving to a rented condo and I have a C&R FFL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Okiecruffler
September 7, 2003, 10:27 PM
I've had three changes of address since I got my C&R and had to list the landlords all three times, as far as I know, and I've asked all three, the BATF has never contacted any of them.

dustindu4
September 7, 2003, 10:44 PM
I still don't have any use for the FFL and still want to ditch it.

jsalcedo
September 7, 2003, 10:50 PM
Just let it expire.

If you didn't buy any C&R then the license means nothing anyway because you are not exercising it.

You have no obligations to do anything else. When your three year period is up then you have no more license.

dustindu4
September 7, 2003, 10:53 PM
Well that's a thought

WonderNine
September 7, 2003, 11:37 PM
Hi dustin, is that you from BerettaForum? Welcome aboard, I'm PsychoSword over there.

I contemplated this same question myself a few months ago.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24751&highlight=ffl

Okiecruffler
September 8, 2003, 12:16 AM
You can always send your licence back to the BATF and state that you intend to surender your licence. A call to your local agent wouldn't hurt any.

If you enjoyed reading about "Moving to a rented condo and I have a C&R FFL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!