H&k P7

PDA

Fat Boy
September 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
Well, being slow to check things out, I was just giving the H&K website the once over, and noticed that they still list the p7 with "limited availability".....

My understanding was that this gun was out of production; maybe the ones listed are left-over? Refurbished? (Kind of like a "certified pre-owned Yugo"?)

I see these guns used in gun shops in the area, and prices are all over the place...One of the reasons I haven't bought one is my thinking that magazines and other parts might be tough to find....:scrutiny:

I would appreciate anyone chiming in with additional information.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "H&k P7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PX15
September 13, 2008, 10:16 AM
F_B:

(My wife is sensitive about the use of the word "fat"...;)

Anyway, I believe that HK still makes LIMITED production runs of the HK P7M8. I believe the HK P7 has been out of production for a long time.

I believe the majority of the HK P7's that you see in such abundance now on the internet for sale (at all sorts of prices) are from the 17,000+ German surplus Lower Saxony Police imports.

As the stocks of those LSP P7's dwindle, the prices (IMO) will start to rise. My understanding is that there are still plenty of "A"'s and "B"'s available from various sources..

CDNN sells 'em, a gentleman on the Sig forum (Steve) sells them, and has a great reputation for hand picking his "B"'s w/fair pricing. I think others are available on all three of the online guns sites (GunsAmerica/AuctionArms/GunBroker). I think a lot of these were bought by dealers who jacked up the price for a quick profit, but that's just opinion.

As to magazine and parts questions?

The magazines of the HK P7 are "overbuilt" in the same manner as the pistol itself. They are top quality, and not prone to have problems, or wear out.. Should a spring wear out there are online places who sell new ones, (Wolff is the one I know of). You simply don't hear of P7's failing, although anything made by man can (and will eventually) fail.

Just buy youself a nice "A" or "B", shoot the crap out of it knowing that it is without a doubt one of the finest 9mm pistols ever made, certainly one of the inherently accurate, and it's probably one of the few firearms you ever buy that you won't lose money on should you decide to sell it... (Which you won't)

Just personal opinion,

Best Wishes,

Jesse

P.S. The photo below is of the "A" grade HK P7 I bought from CDNN. It came NIB for $674.25

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_8838-1.jpg

HorseSoldier
September 13, 2008, 10:19 AM
May not be true, but supposedly the last run of new HK P7s that hit stores a year or two ago were the last run they were going to do.

usp9
September 13, 2008, 10:49 AM
May not be true, but supposedly the last run of new HK P7s that hit stores a year or two ago were the last run they were going to do.

YES and NO.

The "final 500" were followed up with a batch of a few hundred in 2007. There is an apparent mistranslation from German to English for the word final. ;)

On top of the Saxon guns, there is a batch of new imports going through PW Arms now starting to show up. These are supposed to be in very good shape.

Khyron
September 13, 2008, 12:19 PM
I got a P7 PSP for carry a few months ago. In my opinion it is probably the best single stack 9mm for this purpose. Was tempted by the EMP but its about $350 more then the B grade P7 I got.

RonE
September 14, 2008, 12:27 AM
For much more information on the HK P7 series of pistols check out the following sites: http://hkp7.com/ (This is a great resource and educational site.)
http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi (scroll down to the P7 section where you will find avid and devoted followers of this fine pistol)

I have two P7 pistols and they are my favorites for shooting comfort and accuracy....also great in the looks department and very safe to carry with one in the tube.

gbelleh
September 14, 2008, 12:39 AM
Never heard a P7 compared to a Yugo before. :what:

PX15
September 14, 2008, 09:40 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_8774.jpg

Here's a photo of my CDNN "A" grade P7's.

Jesse

benderx4
September 14, 2008, 11:15 AM
Can't believe you P7 owners didn't give the mandatory warning:

BUYER BEWARE: More than any gun I have ever purchased in my 48 years, these HK P7s (and their varients) are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!

I bought my first P7 less than a year ago - since then I've picked up two P7M8s and I'm on the prowl for a P7M13. And these things are not cheap. Maybe I should have taken up quilting instead.

Dobe
September 14, 2008, 01:39 PM
I feel your pain. Three M8's, and I desire another.

longshanks37
September 15, 2008, 03:05 PM
Is CDNN only for FFL holding folks?

CWL
September 15, 2008, 06:00 PM
Is CDNN only for FFL holding folks?

They will ship to your local FFL to do the paperwork. This is how most people buy firearms from CDNN.

If you enjoyed reading about "H&k P7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!