Pro 2nd/RKBA ads at the movies?

PDA

IAJack
September 7, 2003, 10:35 PM
I read a couple threads on here about people interested in and trying to do some Pro 2nd / RKBA comercials, doccumentaries or media in some fashion or other.

I went to the movies today and saw Open Range (great flick BTW). This got me thinking. How about the ads that they are running before the movies. Does everyone get these or know what I am talking about? I assume they are nation wide, but these are the multi-media ads they run for mostly local businesses as sort of a "screen saver" before the show.

How about getting some flashbunny type presentations on those? What a good way to reach a mass audiance I think that would be. Right off I'd think it would be cheaper than TV comercials or our own complete movie. I don't know what their rules or attitude are but would think if someone is paying they would run it ?

Just a thought

Later

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro 2nd/RKBA ads at the movies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oleg Volk
September 7, 2003, 10:44 PM
Been thinking about that...anyone nows approximate rates?

Skibane
September 8, 2003, 01:51 AM
Interesting idea...

Can you imagine a pro-RKBA advertisement running as a trailer to Bowling For Columbine?

Devonai
September 8, 2003, 04:22 AM
It seems likely that these companies have policies against certain material that they deem "inappropriate." Perhaps I'm too pessimistic but it seems unlikely that they would accept any RKBA material no matter whether or not you could afford the fees.

It's still a great idea and is certainly worth exploring. I can almost, but not quite, remember the 1-800 number for the company that handles Loew's. I think it might be "1-800-CINEMADS" but there are too many numbers...

mattd
September 8, 2003, 11:23 PM
Not a movie but has to do with rkba propaganda.
http://www.ccrkba.org/pub/rkba/press-releases/Billboards.htm

Devonai
September 9, 2003, 12:14 AM
I was going to object to your use of the word propaganda until I looked it up. I thought it had an inherently negative definition, but it's quite neutral. The negativity must come from it's common usage in today's society, as it relates to propaganda campaigns of our traditional enemies.

In fact, it comes from the Sacra Congregatio de Propaganda Fide, an organization founded by the Roman Catholic church in 1622 to spread Christianity. Perhaps we need something similar. The Sacra Congregatio de Propaganda Armis ?:)

S_O_Laban
September 9, 2003, 12:30 AM
I suspect you will have the best success with locally owned theatres and those in more rual areas. I would think it would be much tougher to break in on AMC Dickenson ect...

WonderNine
September 9, 2003, 12:41 AM
Interesting idea...

Can you imagine a pro-RKBA advertisement running as a trailer to Bowling For Columbine?

ROFL

I don't know why not. Me, Cosmoline and a few other TFL's had some great "9mm vs .45" and "What's your favorite carry gun caliber" threads on Michael Moore's messageboard before he took it down. Now THAT was funny! :D

BryanP
September 9, 2003, 07:56 AM
Been thinking about that...anyone nows approximate rates?

No, but I was digging around on Regal Cinemas web site just now. They have lots of information about it - except for rates?

Information on ads -
http://www.regalcinemedia.com/AdProductsPreFeature.asp

I'll see if I can get a response from them about rates and policies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro 2nd/RKBA ads at the movies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!