I keep getting logged out

PDA

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
September 13, 2008, 02:43 PM
Every half hour or so, I am logged out automatically for some reason, and have to log back in. Is this a setting in the software here I can change? Or is it a setting on my computer? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "I keep getting logged out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheBluesMan
September 13, 2008, 04:08 PM
When you log in be sure to check the box that says "Remember Me".

If not, you'll be automatically logged out every 20 minutes or so.

It could also be a browser issue on your computer.

Hope this helps.

-Dave

Mal H
September 13, 2008, 08:26 PM
Please also note that you don't get logged out if you are doing something. Even refreshing a page will restart the 20 minute timer. When members get logged out, it is because they are idle for a long time or composing a long post, etc.

I'm Thinking...
September 13, 2008, 08:31 PM
Same thing kept happening to me (*far* less than the time-limit you seem to have noticed, however), so I set the reload time of my browser (Firefox 2.0.0.16) to 2 minutes, and all is well.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
September 14, 2008, 10:40 PM
Hmmmmm...

I'm using Firefox also.

I do believe I get logged out every so often even if I'm doing something every couple minutes.

And yes, I do check the "Remember Me" box every time, but it makes no difference - it doesn't help.

Oh well, not that big of a deal; thanks! :)

Mal H
September 14, 2008, 11:09 PM
A thought and a possible explanation to what you are calling getting logged out. When you login or access THR for the first time each day, what URL are you linking to? In other words, do you go to www.thehighroad.org or to thehighroad.org (no "www")? Then when you get logged out (usually after clicking on a THR link), what is the URL address in your "Location Bar" as it's called in Firefox? If the prefix is not the same, then that could explain it.

HammerBite
September 16, 2008, 10:18 AM
Make sure you don't have cookies disabled.

Riss
September 16, 2008, 01:13 PM
It is your browser. Clear the cookies. Am temp files and then make sure that you can save the password and also click the "remember me" button. I had the same problem with FFox.

Jorg Nysgerrig
September 17, 2008, 06:16 PM
It could definitely be cookies. Sometimes they get corrupted and the forum won't recognize you are being logged in.

If you enjoyed reading about "I keep getting logged out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!