About time I figure this out

PDA

Quilbilly
September 13, 2008, 11:47 PM
Alright, so this is a dumb question. Is it alright to have ammo in my shotgun case while I am driving or does it have to be locked up seperatly? What if the shotgun is out in the open? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "About time I figure this out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Candiru
September 14, 2008, 12:24 AM
In Our Fair State of WA, the ammo needs to be in a separate container from the firearm. So the shotgun case would probably not be okay, but loose in the trunk or in a bag alongside would be kosher.

Two Cold Soakers
September 14, 2008, 12:27 AM
deleted by soakers

Pete409
September 14, 2008, 09:47 AM
This is a legal question and probably should be in a different folder that discusses legal issues.

BruceRDucer
September 14, 2008, 11:16 AM
Not a dumb question, but a very essential one.

State regulations apply.

In my state, Colorado, you cannot have rounds in the chamber when driving.

I suppose that Concealed Carry weapons are different from hunting firearms.

If you have rounds in a rifle or shotgun, you could leave yourself open to suspicion of road-hunting, or shooting from your vehicle, which is almost universally forbidden I think.

:):):):uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::what::what::what:

Jeff F
September 14, 2008, 11:17 AM
Depends on where you live. I don't know about Washington, but here you can have them loaded in the magazine and theres no problem.

Pat-inCO
September 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
Why would you want a loaded shotgun in a vehicle?

Milkmaster
September 14, 2008, 03:37 PM
Right forum or not I would like to know the answer for the State of Tennessee. I don't have a loaded shotgun when I go to the trap range, but I do have ammo beside the shotgun in transit. Sorry, but my truck does not have a trunk or back seat. The question has always bugged me even though no one has ever stopped me or suggested it was illegal. I am specifically talking about a shotgun now and not a handgun.

Jeff F
September 14, 2008, 06:59 PM
Why would you want a loaded shotgun in a vehicle?

Didn't say I did, just saying its legal here. Some places like California can call it a loaded firearm if the ammunition is in the same case or near the firearm, there does not have to be any ammo in the gun itself. I have herd that an UN loaded revolver with a loaded speed loader can be charged as a loaded weapon.

If you enjoyed reading about "About time I figure this out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!