The powers that be...

PDA

Jst1mr
September 14, 2008, 02:23 AM
In the great state of WI have decreed that blackpowder guns may have no optics (for hunting, obviously) that provide any magnification. In other words, I guess only red dots, holosight types, or a 1X scope. I am a crosshairs kind of guy, but in browsing thru catalogs I have yet to find a 1X scope made by what I consider to be a reputable company....anybody else?

If you enjoyed reading about "The powers that be..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Smokin_Gun
September 14, 2008, 05:40 AM
Why not a Good Buckhorn Rear and a Dovetailed Front sight? Always worked for me ta 200-300 yds.

SG

arcticap
September 14, 2008, 08:38 PM
Nikon, Sightron, Thompson Center and Simmons make 1X scopes, but most of them have a smaller ~20 mm objective except for the Thompson Center.
There's some older models that were made with a larger objective lens but they're hard to find.
I used a 1X EER pistol scope mounted scout style when my state had a 1X scope restriction. 1X pistol scopes are a little bit easier to find.

If you enjoyed reading about "The powers that be..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!