Can anyone read my posts?

PDA

blackcash88
September 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
I've asked a bunch of questions and responded to tons of posts, but I never get any response. Can anyone OTHER THAN A MOD/ADMIN read my posts?

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it seems like I've been put into a category where only I can see my own posts and no one else can and that's why they're not responding. Some sort of "troll status" if such a thing exists with this software. :rolleyes:

Based on that, if I get no replies from anyone OTHER THAN A MOD/ADMIN, I'm coming back under another alias. :fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "Can anyone read my posts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
September 14, 2008, 06:35 PM
Yep, they are coming through loud and clear. Why do you ask?

blackcash88
September 14, 2008, 07:35 PM
I've asked a bunch of questions and responded to tons of posts, but I never get any response.

This...

And, I'm still not satisfied because of THIS...

Can anyone OTHER THAN A MOD/ADMIN read my posts?

I appreciate your "loud and clear" response, but that's not what I inquired about since you're "admin".

blackcash88
September 15, 2008, 02:46 PM
Well, the last straw is to post this in a more popular forum and then move on from there if I need to come back as "someone else".

Justin
September 17, 2008, 06:25 PM
Have you tried clearing your cache?

blackcash88
September 17, 2008, 06:28 PM
What would that have to do with it? I don't have any problems on any other forums.

Only ONE other person ever responded to any of my posts and I wouldn't put it past you have PM'd that person and told them to say "yes". Since then, I have several direct questions out "just to see" with no responses. :rolleyes:

Robert
September 17, 2008, 07:01 PM
I read you lima charlie. Looks fine on this end, are you having problems?

ieszu
September 17, 2008, 07:01 PM
I can read your posts =)

Just never saw a reason to comment.....

Justin
September 17, 2008, 07:05 PM
What would that have to do with it? I don't have any problems on any other forums.

Sometimes when a website is acting wonky, that helps. You might also try clearing your cookies.

In the past, we've had a user or two who've had issues that could only be resolved by re-installing their browser.

blackcash88
September 17, 2008, 07:05 PM
Did Justin or some other mod put you guys up to this? Hmmm?

Why even comment on this thread since I never posted to you directly?

I've asked a LOT of direct firearm, etc related questions with never so much as an answer. :rolleyes:

blackcash88
September 17, 2008, 07:06 PM
Well, Justin, riddle me this. Why is it only here and nowhere else? Hmmm?

Sorry, I ain't buying it when I'm posting just fine on other forums with the EXACT same software.

Robert
September 17, 2008, 07:08 PM
Why, are you paranoid? I was here looking for something else and came across your cry for help...

Dksimon
September 17, 2008, 07:09 PM
I can read your posts,
This may well have been a wast of my time tho:scrutiny:

Justin
September 17, 2008, 07:10 PM
Dude, I don't know. At any given time, THR has literally several hundred people posting, to say nothing of the thousands that are surfing the forum.

I can guarantee you that your posts aren't the only ones slipping off of the front page or not being responded to simply because of the sheer volume of activity going on.

Jorg Nysgerrig
September 17, 2008, 07:10 PM
Roger, loud and clear. Are they supposed to be in code or something? I know I've posted stuff only to have it ignored or only get a few responses. It seems that some threads just don't "stick" here.

Justin
September 17, 2008, 07:17 PM
Based on that, if I get no replies from anyone OTHER THAN A MOD/ADMIN, I'm coming back under another alias.

One other quick note:

When you signed up on THR, you agreed to abide by our code of conduct, one of which is a prohibition against multiple accounts for a single user. If you opt to do this, you will be banned and your posts will be deleted.

Since there doesn't seem to really be a technically related question here, I'm just going to close the thread.

Larry Ashcraft
September 17, 2008, 07:20 PM
Several years ago, I was having trouble with THR, and no other forums. Turned out to be a problem with my modem. Even Derek couldn't solve that one, but a new modem did.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can anyone read my posts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!