cz shotguns

PDA

spuscg
September 14, 2008, 10:00 PM
are there side by sides good guns? i really like sxs guns but there rather through the roof price wise or old and in bad condition, so these czs seem like a good deal. anyone have experience with them?

If you enjoyed reading about "cz shotguns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RetiredLawman
September 14, 2008, 11:04 PM
One of the better made Turkish guns. They really feel great. I especially like the Bobwhite.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
September 14, 2008, 11:29 PM
Yes, the general consensus seems to be that they're a cut above the real economy lines (Mossberg, Yildiz, Stoeger, etc.), in both beauty and function/durability. But don't cost just a whole lot more. They're made at the Huglu factory in Turkey.

Der Verge
September 15, 2008, 11:12 PM
I have a Bobwhite on order. Going to pick her up on Friday. Had to have my gunshop call 5 or 6 distrubutors in order to find one. At the moment, the O/Us are just as hard to find. If these guns' popularity is a sign of their quality, this looks very promising. I will post pics and first impression once I get her home.

trickshot
September 17, 2008, 12:18 AM
Last winter I bought two Bobwhites. One 20 ga and one 28 ga. I think they are a lot better than the other cheap SxS shotguns on the market. I handled a Stoeger 20 ga and it was like holding a 2x6. But the CZ shotguns are not anything like, and do not handle like, a more expensive double gun like those made in England and Spain.

After shooting a dozen shells and maybe 20 times pulling the triggers with snap caps, the right side on my 28 ga stopped working. I took it back to the dealer who sent it to a gunsmith and he replaced the hammer spring. I have no idea how common that is. Today I took it hunting and shot two squirrels; lots of fun.

Der Verge
September 17, 2008, 10:39 PM
Well, I picked her up a little early. Got the itch to go out for grouse this weekend, and wanted to make sure I would be ready.

On first inspection, fit and finish are great (20ga 28"). I was extremely pleased with everything, except the trigger pull. Had to be about 9 lbs for the front, and 7lbs for the rear. A few minutes to disassemble, a tug on each trigger spring, and some re-assembly, and voia-la. Trigger pull is down to about 4-5 lbs each. That should suffice. Also, the balance, and natural shouldering are very good. Nothing horrible that Stoeger Uplander I was once given, but not quite as good as my SKB. But then, I could have 4 of these for the price of a new 385 (20ga 26") All in all, I am very pleased.

ArmedBear
September 18, 2008, 02:25 AM
385 is no longer made, sadly.

But one can get a nice new Basque gun for $1395 and up (when you add features): http://www.doubleshotguns.com/ugartechea.htm

There's just not that much else out there in the SxS world, though, until you get well above $2000.

CZ's got a good niche. Anyone put 10,000 rounds through one yet? (The old Huglus don't have a great rep, but CZ may well have helped to shape them up).

CHEVELLE427
September 19, 2008, 10:31 AM
i have a 20 OU and so far it has been great for trap cost was below $550

If you enjoyed reading about "cz shotguns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!