C&R section

PDA

308sc
September 14, 2008, 11:48 PM
I think it would be cool to have a Curio and Relic Section....instead of having to wade through all the many post in the general rifle section.

What do you guys think?

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R section" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hatchetbearer
September 15, 2008, 12:41 AM
Although I'm not against it, i feel it is covered fairly well by the various gun subforums and the firearms research subforum if looking for information on a specific gun.

That said, It would be good to have a focused centralized forum for just these firearms, including stickys on how to acquire a C&R license, various internet dealers' specials and such, the threads on refinishing and restoring, on top of all that the wonderful pretty threads full of pictures of these beauties.

JShirley
September 15, 2008, 12:49 AM
I feel there would be more need for such a forum if inherent differences between C&R and other firearms existed. As it stands now, the main difference is just what ATF decrees.

TimboKhan
September 15, 2008, 02:35 AM
Being a fan of MilSurp, I agree that it would be nice. So nice that I have suggested it myself.

That being said, it is unlikely to happen. I personally think that it would be nice because you could also wrap up things like re-enactment, period correct accessories, replicas and all the attendant things associated with mil-surp (which I basically use as an interchangable term for C&R, by the way). In fact, more than anything, that is why I would be interested in the creation of that forum. If you narrow it down to just the firearms, I tend to agree that it is probably not worth it to add a different section.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R section" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!