'63 Remington help??

PDA

Pulp
September 15, 2008, 01:15 AM
How does one remove the hammer spring from a '63 Baby Remington? I would assume it would slide out of the slot in the frame, but I cain't make it slide.

I'd like to remove the hammer and smooth it up a bit, but that hammer spring is just killin' me.:fire: By the way, if you have a 3/4 ton pickup that needs a new overload spring, get one from a '63 Remmie. It just might change your truck to a 1 ton.:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "'63 Remington help??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MISSEDSHOT
September 20, 2008, 11:12 AM
The little one is the same as the big one, back off the tension screw and drive the spring out with a brass punch or drift, another reason I prefer the little Colts over the Remy.

Smokin_Gun
September 20, 2008, 04:29 PM
Pulp, what Missedshot said, only hit it harder...

SG

Pulp
September 21, 2008, 12:37 PM
What tension screw?? I can disassemble everything else, and remove the hammer screw, but I've yet to find the tension screw y'all are referring to. Mine's a brass frame, not sure if that would matter.

Pulp
September 21, 2008, 12:43 PM
I just looked at an exploded diagram on the '58 and I see what y'all are talking about, but my '63 doesn't have that screw.

Smokin_Gun
September 21, 2008, 02:40 PM
What tension screw??

There is no mainspring adjustment screw on the 1863 Pocket Rem...only the .36 and .44 have them located lower front grip where third finger rests.

SG

If you enjoyed reading about "'63 Remington help??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!