Remington 870 Tactical 2008

PDA

Brett Byers AKA Slow
September 15, 2008, 01:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had an opportunity to try this out with today with Federal reduced recoil 00 and standard Federal 00 as well as Win Lite 12 Ga. 2 3/4 and Remington Slugger 1560 FPS 1 OZ. loads. The reduced recoil stuff had less kick than 20GA. the Slugger felt about like 20GA. The weapon is a synthetic stocked crenalated and braked choked 12 GA. with the new for 2008 Supercell Recoil butt pad. I was impressed as was my Son-In-Law. We were able to keep shots on an area about the size of a pizza cardboard at 65 yards offhand with the weapon's bead sight. I know with practice and various load selection either one of us could do better.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 870 Tactical 2008" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sylvan-Forge
September 18, 2008, 05:59 AM
Sounds good!

How would you describe the Supercell? Is it pretty squishy?

Brett Byers AKA Slow
September 19, 2008, 04:00 AM
It's not real squishy...you can compress it a little with finger pressure but not fully. I had recently shot an older synthetic 11-87 and it had more recoil without the benefit of a Supercell. I suppose a new 11-87 with a Supercell would feel like a .410!

pyromaster
September 19, 2008, 02:22 PM
I feel less recoil now with a used wooden Wingmaster stock and a supercell pad on my 870 than I did with my Knoxx SpecOps stock.
The indoor range close to me only allows slugs and before I would shoot 30-35 in a lunch hour. The last time I went with my new setup I shot 55-60 slugs and could have kept going except I ran out of ammo and money.

Sylvan-Forge
September 20, 2008, 03:44 AM
Cool, thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 870 Tactical 2008" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!