Some firearms safety videos I produced

PDA

Scoupe
September 15, 2008, 08:18 PM
Hey all. These little vignettes were designed to show people how to unload many types of firearms. They are part of a larger gun safety for families program a friend is promoting. I'm not looking for any suggestions. They are what they are and will not be re-shot. Just thought that y'all might enjoy them.

BTW, I wrote, produced and directed the video. I had a professional camera crew and and editor. Hope you like them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/StaySafe4Families

If you enjoyed reading about "Some firearms safety videos I produced" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thernlund
September 15, 2008, 08:25 PM
Nice job. http://www.thehighroad.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

-T.

scrat
September 15, 2008, 08:40 PM
Part of who and what we are. These are excellent well made and thought of. This is the kind of stuff we should have on THR. Mods should put these on the stickies on the appropriate forums. Excellent job. Two thumbs up.

WheelgunZealot
September 15, 2008, 08:42 PM
You were not kidding when you claimed they were professional. That series of video clips is very accurate, informative, and well thought out. Excellent work!

scrat
September 15, 2008, 09:04 PM
ya we really need to sticky these. they should be on the rifles, handgun, revolvers and shot gun forums. This is very thr material. best i have seen in a long time.

Rudy Kohn
September 15, 2008, 11:49 PM
Those videos are incredibly well-done and would be very useful for people with little hands-on experience with guns. The pacing is just right, without any fluff. The handling is very professional and the videos do an excellent job of carefully showing the actions required, and explaining a good number of possible variants of each type.

A slight bit of constructive criticism: there are two videos for a "semi-auto rifle." It might be helpful to add "SKS-type" and "AR-15-type" to the titles, or something along those lines, even though you can see the rifles in the preview pictures. Additionally, the semi-auto pistol video might be better if you showed or explained alternatives for the location of the magazine release, since the Ruger magazine release is pretty much limited to that type of pistol, as far as I know.

Scoupe
September 16, 2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks all for the very kind remarks.

Rudy,

The SKS is mislabeled in my opinion as well. The narrator clearly says "SKS". The AR was not as specific, and it should have been. I think we were thinking that it would fly because it was pretty obvious what it was.

I'm very pleased to see your remarks regarding the fluff, the pacing and that the instructions would be clear to less experienced people. That was entirely intended. This series came out of a conversation with a gentleman at SHOT show a few years ago. His specific concern was "found" firearms in urban areas, and we actually did vignettes on the usual urban suspects, Raven, GLOCK, etc. We realized that we'd never be able to cover them all, but thought we could get a pretty coverage of common types. With regard to the Ruger MKII as the example, not sure why my friend uploaded that one over a couple other we cut. I know we did one semi-auto pistol that illustrated both heel and thumb releases. I think we did 17 in all.

I feel the need to point out that these were created to work within the framework of a web site or DVD that drilled the four rules over and over, in addition to suggesting that these procedures are best left to a person with basic firearms knowledge. Stay Safe is totally about respect and education rather than fear and ignorance. The tone is supposed to be as postive/neutral as we could get it. Anyway, that's the back-story.

Again, I appreciate the kind words from all.

Nickotym
September 16, 2008, 01:54 AM
Bookmarked for later viewing, going to bed now.

rainbowbob
September 16, 2008, 02:15 AM
Well done. I learned a lot about what I have yet to learn about firearms with which I am not familiar.

My thought while watching was exactly what you described in a subsequent post about the need to be able to competently disarm a "found" or otherwise unfamiliar firearm.

edman79
September 16, 2008, 03:19 AM
Wow, these are great videos. For one, I never knew how to unload a single action revolver since I've never shot one. I went and gave each of your videos five stars and I reccomend everyone here to do so as well.

Eddie Ed

jonmerritt
September 16, 2008, 11:11 PM
With todays generation, should have a dvd with every new gun, with your vids, labeled " PLAY ME FIRST"

If you enjoyed reading about "Some firearms safety videos I produced" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!