Anybody have any experience with Mec-Gar 5906/59 series 17 round mags?

PDA

cslinger
September 15, 2008, 10:26 PM
I have had nothing but good luck with any Mec-Gar product but I was curious if anybody had used their Smith and Wesson 59 series 17 shot magazines? Any issues?

Thanks
Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody have any experience with Mec-Gar 5906/59 series 17 round mags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ghost Walker
September 15, 2008, 11:01 PM
:) Yeah, I do; but mine are, something like, 30 years old now. I have no idea what sort of Model 59 magazine Mec-Gar is making today.

(The old ones I have, though, are fantastic quality and utterly reliable!)

Rmart30
September 15, 2008, 11:44 PM
The last Mecgars for my 59 series worked great...... Ive also had good luck out of the Eagle 17 rd mags. I picked up 10 of them a while back..... Had a few other brands that didnt work so well, but those 2 have :)

DiN_BLiX
September 16, 2008, 12:14 AM
All the mec-gars ive ever used have been top notch in terms of fit/function. When I was looking for mags for my new 910s (budget 59 series) I went with used LE mags from CDNN (new factory SW mags are really hard right now) for like 19 bucks a pop. I saw the mec-gars for sale on many sites but I was concerned that they would stick out of the mag well too far.

PX15
September 16, 2008, 10:29 AM
JMOfartO:

I never give a 2nd thought to the quality I will receive in MecGar magazines.. I have always found them to be absolutely top notch, and it's often surprisingly to find out how many firearm manufacturers use them for their factory mags. (KelTec/Walther for two..)

You won't go wrong with MecGar mags, you can go wrong with ProMags..

Just personal opinion.

Jesse

NG VI
September 16, 2008, 10:32 AM
I personally feel comfortable buying any magazine made by Mec-Gar, sicne they already make the factory mags for my CZs. I even bought a couple of their extra cap mags for the Beretta 92, even though I don't have one yet.

10X
September 16, 2008, 10:52 AM
The Mec-Gars have been flawless. Excellent quality and function.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody have any experience with Mec-Gar 5906/59 series 17 round mags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!