Please Educate Me

PDA

rjk2475
September 15, 2008, 09:49 PM
since january,been shooting 200+ rounds a month through a CZ75BD. while watching tv, i usually keep it nearby with a snap cap for dry fire practice. i use an imb holster. hypothetically, how would carrying this gun cocked be so different than carrying a Glock?

If you enjoyed reading about "Please Educate Me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
crebralfix
September 15, 2008, 10:20 PM
I think that's one you wouldn't carry with the hammer cocked and safety engaged. It's intended to be used like a SIG: hammer down, safety off.

DZL HOG
September 15, 2008, 10:24 PM
Glocks and other striker fired guns have heavier trigger pulls and the little trigger bar lock thingy whatever its called to help prevent ADs. Carrying a decocker model CZ cocked would be more comparable to carrying a 1911 cocked without the safety on. It will take very little to trip the SA trigger pull. I wouldnt recommend carrying like that.

Im sure someone else can give some more correct insight on this method.

rjk2475
September 15, 2008, 10:35 PM
not at all planning to carry that way. maybe i'm answering my question, if the striker is partial before trigger pull and the cz has no sear engagement protection.

If you enjoyed reading about "Please Educate Me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!