Picture Request: Polished 642

PDA

brockgl
September 16, 2008, 08:08 PM
Anyone have a picture of their polished 642 snubbie? I just polished the snot out of my 686 and it is gorgeous! And I was thinking about doing the same to my 462. But before I do it, I would like to see what it looks like, as well as hear any advice on what kind of clear coat to put on it to make it protected against corrosion or rust after I polish off all the clear coat...

If you enjoyed reading about "Picture Request: Polished 642" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
popeye
September 16, 2008, 09:08 PM
Don't do it! Under the clear coat should be anodized aluminum frame. Polish SS not aluminum.

brockgl
September 16, 2008, 09:12 PM
I've heard they can be polished. what is the downside in polishing anodized aluminum?

popeye
September 16, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'm not an expert by any means. I'll provide a link. I had a Beretta 92 stainless that the prior owner polished the frame. Perhaps another opinion would help. Sorry to sound so knowledgeable with my original post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anodizing

DAdams
September 16, 2008, 10:16 PM
it a try and report back with the results. You can always have it recoated.:rolleyes::eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Picture Request: Polished 642" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!