Overseas Purchase Question

PDA

TEX
September 17, 2008, 03:01 AM
I have located a revolver I may want to purchase, but it is in Australia. Anyone here have any idea on what would be invloved in getting legally shipped to a state side FFL.

Thanks - TEX

If you enjoyed reading about "Overseas Purchase Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bonza
September 17, 2008, 03:45 AM
Is it a modern, C&R, or antique revolver? Also, what part of Australia is it located as each state has it's own laws relating to firearms permits/purchase.

browningguy
September 17, 2008, 05:59 AM
You'll need to find a dealer willing to import it for you if modern or C&R. If an antique (pre-1898/ you can import it yourself. Exporting from Australia is paperwork for the seller, but not a huge deal. On the import side any FFL can occassionally import an otherwise legal firearm, but they have to jump through some hoops and also you will have to have a broker get it in for you.

For me it wasn't worth the hassel except for antiques, I've bought two from Australia with no problems.

Yankee
September 17, 2008, 09:02 PM
Shouldn't be that difficult. I live in Australia and while it is hard to get firearms into the country, the government is quite happy to see them them leave. PM me if I can be of any help on this end.

If you enjoyed reading about "Overseas Purchase Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!